The article was consulted professionally by Dr. Trinh Thi Thanh Huyen – Obstetrician and Gynecologist – Obstetrics and Gynecology Department – Share99 Hai Phong International Health Hub
Vaginal probe ultrasound can observe detailed images of the internal bodies of the vaginal city, helping to identify abnormalities and timely diagnosis of pathology if any.
1. What is vaginal probe ultrasound?
Probe ultrasound is a common method of gynecologic examination (pelvic ultrasound) prescribed by a specialist to married or formerly sexual women with the aim of helping the doctor assess the state of sexual and sexual health of women.
This method uses high-frequency sound waves in contact through the vaginal alley to display in-depth, high-precision images. The doctor will use a tool with a small round head (about 2 to 3 inches) to make contact with the vaginal city, from which images can be observed from the inside to determine the state of health of the female.
With the insert of an instrument in such a sensitive place, many women will wonder if probe ultrasound is harmful? Accordingly, probe ultrasound is usually performed by obstetrician specialists, with high professional experience. In fact, during the ultrasound, the doctor will move the device around the vagina so it will not cause any effect on the uterus and cervical. Therefore, vaginal probe ultrasound is safe, painless, but will feel a little uncomfortable.
2. What diseases does the probe detect?
Ultrasound probes are in place when the doctor feels there are abnormalities in the patient's body and want to examine in detail the uterus, ovaries, proboscis, cervical. Ultrasound probes are also used to assess ovulation, egg growth as well as the thickness of the lining of the uterus…
For pregnant women, the ultrasound probe will help the doctor determine:
- The exact location of the fetus during the pregnancy examination at weeks 4-5 is intended to detect cases of extra-intra-intra-uterus pregnancy. This helps prevent unfortunate consequences such as ruptured anal uterus causing abdominal infections, rupture of the ovary ducts…. This will not be possible if the ultrasound passes through the abdominal wall.
- Evaluation of the gestational heart at weeks 6-8 and early detection of fetal heart activity. If this gestational week does not see the activity of the fetal heart suspected pregnancy stops developing.
- Early evaluation of the number of pregnancies, pregnancy of 1 ovule or other ovules.
- In case the fetus is already large, the fetal head turns downwards obscuring the sound waves, causing the doctor to doubt each other strikers. In this case, doctors will also conduct an ultrasound probe to determine the location of the cake.
So what is the ultrasound probe that detects the disease? Accordingly, when examining gynecology with ultrasound probes also helps diagnose a number of other gynecology diseases such as:
- Ovarian cyst :This is a common disease in women. They develop without causing any obvious symptoms, so women need a periodical gynecologic ultrasound to help detect the disease early.
- Uterine fibroids: Uterine fibroids are small tumors that grow and form from the muscle layer of the uterus. Through ultrasound images of the uterine probe,it is possible to assess the condition and size of this tumor. The disease can be seen in anyone but the incidence is highest between the ages of 30 and 50 and women of reproduction age.
- Uterus cancer:Cancer cells can grow inside the uterus without the patient's knowledge. Can only be detected during routine gynecologic ultrasound or when the patient shows abnormal signs.
- Proboscis obstruction: Through ultrasound imaging of the probe, the doctor will diagnose the clogged position and offer treatments. Ultrasound only detects inflammation in the presence of fluid retention, purulent retention, or inflammation that increases the size of the proboscis.
3. When should the probe ultrasound be ultrasound?
Is the method that can be evaluated in detail about abnormalities in the uterus, ovaries, proboscis, cervical,… Therefore, when the body notices symptoms, signs or the following women need to go for an ultrasound of the vaginal probe:
- When the female shows signs of pelvic pain, the lower abdomen several times a day.
- When ovarian cysts are suspected, uterine fibroids.
- Cases of menstrual disorders.
- Bleeding in the middle of the menstrual cycle is of unknown cause.
- Abnormal bleeding in the closed area during pregnancy.
- Pain during intersym.
- Spoiled gas has an unusual color, a lot of outflows and a bad smell.
- Itching or dryness of the closed area.
Or in the case of:
- Monitor the fetal heart rate;
- Check the location of the contraceptive ring;
- Health check of the pelvic area;
- Assess the situation of sexual health.
Note: Depending on the doctor's instructions and the reason for the ultrasound, the bladder must be empty or full (the full bladder will help the ultrasound image of the pelvic organs more clearly).
- If the doctor requires bladder emptying, it is necessary to go to the toilet before the probe ultrasound.
- If the bladder must be filled, the doctor will ask the patient to drink plenty of water about 30 minutes before the start of the ultrasound.
- If you are in the menstrual cycle, you should remove the tampon if you are using it before the ultrasound.
In order to help customers detect and treat other gynecologic diseases early, Share99 International Health Hub has a basic gynecologicexamination and screening package, helping customers detect inflammatory diseases early, making treatment easy and inexpensive. Screening for early detection of gynecologic cancer(Cervical cancer) even if there are no symptoms.
The basic gynecology examination and screening package for female clients, with no age limit and possible symptoms as follows:
- Abnormal bleeding of the vaginal area.
- Menstrual problems: abnormally prolonged cycles, irregular menstruation.
- Abnormal vaginal volume (with a bad smell, unusual color).
- Pain, itching of the closed area.
- Female customers have a few risk factors such as bad personal hygiene, unsafe sex,abortion,…
- Female customers have other symptoms such as abnormal vaginal discharge, itching, pain in the closed area, abnormal vaginal bleeding.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- Pregnancy ultrasound: 11 things pregnant women need to know during pregnancy
- How to put drugs for cervical inflammation
- Vaginal atrophy occurs most often after menopause