Inflammation of the lining of the uterus is one of the common gynecologic diseases in women of reproduction age, especially post-birth women. Without timely examination and treatment, the disease can directly affect women's health.
1. Inflammation of the lining of the uterus commonly seen after reproduction
The lining of the uterus is the lining inside the uterus. The mucous layer will peel off and continue preparing for the next cycle if the egg does not meet the sperm. In the event that eggs and sperm meet, conception, the mucous layer becomes the location for the fetus to nest.
Inflammation of the lining of the uterus is an inflammation that occurs in the endocosal layer in the uterus caused by bacteria, fungi, parasites. Any woman of child of reproduction age is at risk of disease. In particular, post-birth women who have suffered miscarriages or have done abortion procedures have a higher risk of contracting the disease.
Inflammation of the lining of the uterus is usually not life-threatening but needs to be treated early. If left unsealed, the infection can lead to dangerous complications such as infertility, pelvic peritonitis, pus or an anesthoma inthe pelvis or uterus, sepsis, septic shock (excessive blood infections leading to low blood pressure) – an acute condition that can be life-threatening.
2. Causes of inflammation of the lining of the uterus
2.1 Causes of inflammation of the lining of the uterus in post-birth women
- After birth, obstetrics and gynecology suffer from a number of gynecologic diseases such as vamatitis, urethritis, cervical inflammation, gonorrhea, chlamydia,… but not treated in time, causing bacteria to spread to the uterus causing inflammation of the lining of the uterus after birth;
- After birth there are many cases of fluid stagnation in the uterus, which can not get out, creating favorable conditions for bacteria to grow and thereby cause endometritis;
- After childbirth, the maternity does not pay attention to clean the closed area, combined with a lot of production, creating conditions for harmful substances to penetrate the vagina and cervical, causing endometritis;
- Damage to the closed area during childbirth makes women susceptible to infection, leading to endometritis;
- Other problems: Missed membranes, amniotic infections,uterus control procedures, non-eptic peeling of artificial vegetables.
2.2 Causes of inflammation of the lining of the uterus in other groups of women
- Unsafe sex, sexually transmitted diseases such as chlamydia, gonorrhea;
- Disturbance of the balance of bacterial vaginas;
- After a miscarriage;
- Due to medical techniques: Uterine endoscopy, placing the contraceptive ring (IUD), cervical nong and uterine scraping;
- Clean the enclosure is not clean
- Occurs at the same time as other problems in the pelvic region such as cervical inflammation.
3. Symptoms of inflammation of the lining of the uterus
The disease is divided into 2 stages: Acute inflammation of the lining of the uterus and chronic inflammation of the lining of the uterus.
3.1 Inflammation of the lining of the uterus provides properties that cause the following symptoms:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding;
- Abnormal vaginal discharge: Blue, yellow, brown, purulent, odorous or with a lot of blood (common in case of vegetable omission);
- Fever, body temperature usually do not rise too much, not more than 38°C, people are uncomfortable, headache, dizziness. When inflammation spreads to the muscle layer of the uterus, the body temperature will increase, the body symptoms are also more severe.
- Discomfort when going to a bye;
- Pelvic pain, lower abdomen or rectal area, at first smoldering pain, after increasing pain.
3.2 Chronic inflammation of the lining of the uterus has the following symptoms:
- Abdominal distension;
- Vaginal fluid is mixed with blood, there is a change in substance and smell;
- Constipation, there are unpleasant sensations, lower abdominal pain.
4. Diagnosis and treatment of inflammation of the lining of the uterus
When symptoms warn of inflammation of the lining of the uterus, patients need to quickly go to specialized medical facilities for the earliest examination and treatment.
To diagnose inflammation of the lining of the uterus, the doctor will first make a clinical examination, observe the abdomen, uterus and cervical of the person. After that, the doctor can select diagnostic tests such as: Sampling or culture of uterus tissue to test for bacteria that cause infection, endometrial biopsy, endoscopy, microscopic tests, blood tests (measurement of leukocycytic numbers and red blood cell deposition rate).
Depending on the cause of the disease, the condition and the patient's condition, the doctor will offer its own treatments. Patients with endometritis will be prescribed antibiotic therapy in accordance with the instructions of their doctor. In severe or complex cases, intravenous infusions and inpatient treatment may be required at the hospital. Women with post-birth cervical mucositis are often treated according to this course.
In case of necessity, the doctor may have to resort to the method of scraping the uterus chamber. However, this method is often dangerous and has many complications associated with infertility.
5. Preventive measures for inflammation of the lining of the uterus
- Reduce the risk of inflammation of the lining of the uterus after childbirth or after a gynecological procedure by ensuring the doctor uses eptic equipment and tools during childbirth or surgery. To do so, it is necessary to choose a reputable hospital with a team of doctors with many years of experience;
- The doctor prescribes antibiotics to the maternity to prevent inflammation during cesarean section or before the start of surgery;
- Safe sex (condom use), regular check-up and early diagnosis of sexually transmitted diseases, adherence to the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases as directed by the doctor;
- Keep your enclosed area clean daily properly;
- Maintain a proper diet, living, rest, limit hot spicy, greasy foods,…
Inflammation of the lining of the uterus is common after childbirth, although it is not a life-threatening disease, but without treatment, it can cause women to miscarry, difficulty conceiving, even leading to infertility. Therefore, when there are signs of illness, you should go to specialized facilities for examination and have appropriate and timely treatment regimens.
Share99 International Health Hub is highly appreciated in the field of obstetrics and gynecology by bringing together a team of leading specialists in the country, not only good at expertise but also experienced; modern system of advanced equipment and facilities. Currently, the institute is applying a basic gynecologic pathologyscreening package, with this service package, customers will soon detect inflammatory diseases, making treatment easy and inexpensive. Screening for early detection of gynecologic cancer (Cervical cancer).
Especially at Share99, the security of personal information of customers is always focused, the hospital environment is civilized and polite, helping women who have difficulty talking about obstetrics and gynecology when coming to Share99 no longer feel afraid.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- Signs of post-childbirth infection recognition
- Principles of antibiotics for the treatment of urethritis
- Urethritis: How to treat?