Negative emotions are the germs of quarrels, affecting relationships. It comes from feeling frustrated, uncomfortable in the mind, and then manifesting itself through words and actions.
1. What are negative emotions?
Negative emotions are a normal form of human emotions, which come from feelings of frustration, hurt, discomfort or frustration. The level of anger varies from mild to intense, depending on the ability to control emotions and the severity of the problem.
2. Consequences when feelings of anger are suppressed
Suppressed anger can cause many damages to mental and physical health, specifically as follows:
- Causes increased anxiety
- Break relationships
- Negative effects on the way of thinking and behavior
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular problems
- Skin disorders
- Digestive problems
In addition, anger can be associated with issues such as crime, emotional and physical abuse, and other acts of violence.
3. How to control anger emotions
Although expressing anger is better than secrecy, anger should be expressed in the appropriate way. Frequent outbursts of anger often backpron out and cause troubles in relationships with others. Anger also causes stress on the nervous system, cardiovascular and can make health problems worse.
3.1. Emotional control at the time of anger
- Practice deep breathing: Take a deep breath from thediaphragm , slowly repeating a brief word or phrase such as "relax" or "slowly" until calm down.
- Assertiveness: This is a personality that needs to be trained to express emotions, needs and personal preferences in a healthy way without being considered angry.
3.2. Long-term control of negative emotions
- Seek the help of others by clarifying emotions and trying to change behavior.
- Record the moment of feeling angry.
- Put yourself in someone else's place.
- Learn to notice funny sides in situations.
- Practice listening skills to improve communication and increase trust with people. This trust can help you deal with potentially hostile emotions.
- Learn to assert yourself, express your emotions calmly and directly without affecting relationships.
If anger is negatively affecting lives and relationships, see a psychological specialist for advice. They can provide techniques to change your mind and behavior to help you effectively address anger.
Psychological Clinic – Times City International General Health Hub is one of the most prestigious addresses in the treatment of psychological and mental health problems. The team of doctors at the clinic are highly specialized, many are lecturers in psychiatric subjects at Hanoi Medical University, capable of implementing psychological tests, intensive psychological therapy, effective support for the treatment of diseases.
The clinic has modern equipment system, leading facilities in the country will bring the best service to patients, increase the effectiveness of treatment.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- How good is deep breathing properly?
- What are the signs of a blocked throat?
- What are the signs of shortness of breath and shortness of breath?