The article is consulted professionally by MSc, BS. Dang Manh Cuong – Diagnostic Imaging Doctor – Department of Diagnostic Imaging – Share99 Central Park International Hospital.
Today people are facing many problems such as food contaminated with chemicals, alcohol abuse, polluted environment,… causing the incidence of patients with hepatic and bile diseases to increase. The introduction of subclinical methods such as gallbladder ultrasound, gallbladder computer scans has greatly helped in the early diagnosis and treatment of hepatic and hepatic diseases.
1. Location and role of the bile liver in the body
The liver is the largest body in our human body, it is located just below the diaphragm, below the right diaphragm arch, which is partly encroached to the left. The highest point of the liver is at the back of the right V ribs. The lower shore of the liver runs along the right flank arc, crossing the aority and the left flank arc.
The liver plays an extremely important role in the body, it perform many functions such as:
- As a reserve body: the liver reserves a lot of important substances such as glycogen, proteins, lipids, iron, vitamins A, D, E, K, B12. The liver is also a reserve for iron from hemoglobin in the form of ferritin in order to be ready to create new red blood cells.
- The liver has a function of metabolism: transforming food into substances necessary for the life and development of the body. The liver participates in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- The liver has a synthetic function: protein, fibrinogen, heparin, prothrombin, angiotensinogen hormone, albumin,…
- The liver is where bile is produced: every day the liver produces about 0.5 liters of bile. Bile after being produced will pour down the gallbladder, from which it is excreted down the small intestine participating in the resolution and absorption of fats and certain vitamins.
- The liver is also a place to convert drugs absorbed through the gastrointestinal tract into usable forms of the body.
- At the same time the liver is also a place to detoxify and excrete poisons in our body.
The gallbladder is a small pear-shaped bag, which is blue, located just below the underside of the liver. This is where the bile is stored and densed, after which the bile is excreted down the small intestine to digest the fats.
2. The role of ultrasound in the diagnosis and treatment of hepatic bile pathology
On the hepatic hepatic ultrasound image we can see:
- Contour structure of the liver;
- Hepatic moedular structure;
- Tubular structure in liver moym: consists of blood vessels in the liver and bile ducctiosis;
- Hepatic stalk structures.
- Photos of the gallbladder on ultrasound: the gallbladder is located in the gallbladder pit, which is usually rhombic, sometimes scythoric. Gallbladder size varies, average vertical from 8 – 10cm, width 3cm. If the width exceeds 4cm then it is considered abnormal.
- Some other structures of the liver such as sickle ligaments, round ligaments.
Ultrasound helps diagnose and evaluate the treatment of some of the following hepatic and hepatic diseases:
Benign liver tumors:
- Liver follicles
- Hepatic hematoma
- Inpatient eddules
Malignant liver tumors include:
- Hepatic cell cancer
- Bile cell cancer in the liver
- Hepatic metalysed cancer
Liver infections include:
- Liver pressure: hepatic anesthrosis, bacterial liver anemics
- Liver parasites: large liver flukes, small liver flukes
Some liver diseases spread, increasing door vein pressure:
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Fatty liver: fatty liver spreads evenly, fatty liver spreads he hematic
- Increased door vein pressure
Liver injury: the liver is one of the most vulnerable organs in abdominal injuries, second only to the spleen and kidneys. Liver damage caused by injury includes:
- Crushing – hematoma in the mesych
- Hematoma under the liver
- Rupture of the liver: tearing of liver tissue and liver sacks
- Liver stalk damage
Bile paths diseases:
- Main biliary stones
- Biliary stones in the liver
- Complications of gallbladder stones: acute gallbladder fluid retention, acute gallbladder inflammation, thick gallbladder wall.
- Benign tumors.
- Gallbladder cancer: gallbladder cancer, bile dder cancer, Vater's glossy tumour
- Bile cul tubular cyst
3. The role of computer-cirrhosis in the diagnosis and treatment of hepatic and hepatic diseases
On hepatic hepatic cirrhosis, we can also observe the structures of the liver and gallbladder. This method is often used in the diagnosis and treatment of hepatic bile pathology when:
- The ultrasound is difficult.
- To evaluate in detail the condition of the liver, bile to guide treatment such as hepatic cirrhosis,…
Specifically, computer-class scans can be used in the diagnosis and treatment of some of the following hepatic and hepatic diseases:
- Complications of gallstones
– Acute gallbladder inflammation such as: vapor perteuritis, necrotizing gallbladder inflammation, perforation of the gallbladder;
– Chronic inflammation of the gallbladder;
– Porcelain gallbladder;
– Gallbladder cancer;
– Mirizzi syndrome;
– Bile detector – digestive tract.
- Bile oma:
- Benign bile oma including: gallbladder polyps, gallbladder melanoma
- Malignant bile oma including: gallbladder cancer, gallbladder cancer
- Differentive diagnosis of certain hepatic and hepatic diseases:
- Yellow granuloma gallbladder inflammation
- Gallbladder myaloma
- Other causes of gallbladder wall thickening such as cirrhosis of the liver, hepatitis, pancreatitis, abdominal fluid,..
- Other conditions such as:
- Caroli's disease
- Bile culs cyst
Ultrasound can be seen, computer-cirrhosis plays an important role in diagnosis, giving directions for treatment as well as monitoring the results of treatment of hepatic and hepatic diseases. Ultrasound is more commonly used, but in some cases limited ultrasound requires the use of computer-class scans.
Currently, Share99 International Hospital has a full range of ultrasounds, computer scans in many parts of the body to help patients soon detect many dangerous diseases. Share99 owns a system of modern and advanced equipment of high quality. A team of well-trained and experienced technicians. Doctors are all reputable people in the industry, high professional qualifications, dedicated to the profession.
Before receiving the job at Share99 Central Park International Health Hub in December 2017, Dr. Dang Manh Cuong had over 18 years of experience in the field of ultrasound – imaging at Hai Phong Transport Health Hub, MRI Department of Nguyen Tri Phuong Health Hub and Imaging Department of Becamex International Health Hub.
To register for examination and treatment at Share99 International Health Hub, you can contact the Hotline of Share99 Health System nationwide, or register for an online examination HERE.
- Comparison between mri and computer-grade (CT)
- Bile anatomy in hepatic ultrasound
- The value of PET, PET/CT, CT and MRI in the diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease