The Jevax 1ml vaccine, made in Vietnam, is used to prevent Japanese encephalitis for all adults and children aged full 12 months or older.
The Japanese encephalitis vaccine is manufactured at No. 1 Vaccine and Biological Products Co., Ltd. according to the technological process of BIKEN Institute, 0saka University, Japan.
This vaccine is used to specifically prevent Japanese encephalitis. The Jevax 1ml vaccine is produced from the rat brain that infects the Japanese encephalitis virus nakayarma strain. Viral suspension is treated with protamin sulfate, inactivated by formalin, densed with ultrafiltfiltis and finally refined with super centrifugal.
2. Packing size
- Box of 10 vials, 5ml each – 5 adult doses.
- Box of 10 vials, 1ml each – 1 adult dose.
Jevax 1ml Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine is used to prevent Japanese encephalitis for all adults and children aged full 12 months and older
Dosage and how to take:
Injection line: Subcutaneous
- From ≥ 12 months to ≤ 36 months (≤ 3 years old) 0.5ml/dose.
- From > 36 months (> 3 years old) and adults inject 1.0 ml/dose.
- Nose 1: first visit.
- Nose 2: After the first nose 1 – 2 weeks.
- Nose 3: After the first nose 1 year.
Re-vaccination: One dose of subcutaneous injection, once every 3 years to maintain immunity.
How to use:
- All vaccination tools must be ile;
- Remove the center of the aluminum button, do not open the rubber button, disinfect with iodine alcohol;
- Shake the vial thoroughly before taking the vaccine with a disposable erile needle pump;
- Eptic injection pumps and needles and used exclusively for each person, to avoid infection with diseases such as HIV, hepatitis B, C …
- Subcutaneous injection;
- Opened vials of the vaccine are used only within 6 hours with larile storage conditions at 2 to 8 degrees Celsius.
- Do not vaccinate JEVAX 1ml for people who are too sensitive to any component of the vaccine;
- Suffer from congenital diseases;
- Fatigue, high fever or progressive infection;
- Heart, kidney or liver disease;
- Blood cancers and malignanc diseases in general;
- Pregnant women.
5. Special warning and caution
As with all vaccines, epinephrine must always be available for use in possible cases of asymic stun khans.
For breastfeeding women:
There have been no studies on the vaccination of Japanese encephalitis for women in breastfeeding. Therefore, it is necessary to consider the benefits of prescribing vaccination to this subject.
6. Undesirable effects
Local reactions manifest in different degrees such as: redness of the injection area, swelling of the injection site.
- Body reactions are rare: chills, headaches, fever … depending on the body of each person.
Inform your doctor about the undesirable effects you have when using your medication.
7. Shelf life
Shelf life: 24 months from the date of manufacture under storage conditions of 2oC to 8oC.
Special caution when preserving:
- Storage and transportation at 2oC to 8oC
- Avoid direct sunlight
- Do not freeze
If you have abnormal symptoms, you should be examined and consulted with a specialist.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
Source: According to information approved by the Drug Administration of Vietnam on 18/12/2013
- Learn about the mosquito species that transmits Japanese encephalitis
- Japan Encephalitis Vaccination Schedule
- Which way is Japanese encephalitis transmitted?