The article was consulted professionally by Dr. Nguyen Chi Quang, Obstetrics and Gynecology Department – Share99 Central Park International Health Hub.
Uterine fibroids are common gynecologic diseases in women, especially between the ages of 30 and 45. Most uterine fibroids are benign but there are still cases where fibroid dissection surgery is required.
1. What is uterine fibroids?
Uterine fibroids are also called uterine fibroids, which appear in the smooth muscles of the uterus. The size and number of tumors is different in each patient. The causes of fibroid formation in the uterus are often explained by an increase in the concentration of the hormone estrogen in the female body.
Uterine fibroids can affect fertility, which is one of the causes of rare infertility in women. Uterine fibroid surgery is a simple method to treat the disease, while avoiding undesirable dangerous complications.
2. Dissection of uterine fibroids
Treatment of uterine fibroids by surgical methods is considered the most radical treatment. Cases where uterine fibroid surgery is required,including:
- Uterine fibroids are about the same size as a uterus about 12 weeks pregnant, causing compression, uterine malformations or hindering the likelihood of pregnancy (miscarriage, premature birth, fetal malformations)
- Symptoms of ureteral compression appear, causing kidney fluid retention
- Patients with menopause, haemorrhagic or prolonged internal treatment fail
- Uterine fibroids with stalks or twisted stalks
- Uterine fibroids thrive after menopause
- The tumor is located in a wide ligament
- Doctors suspect cancer.
Uterine fibroid dissection surgery is one of the ways in which uterine fibroid surgery is usually in place in the following cases:
- Fibroids are not too large
- The uterus still has healing tissues
- Fibroids are located under the mucosa or inside the ligaments
- The patient still wants to have a baby or retain the uterus…
Treatment by surgical removal of uterine fibroids with the aim of removing fibroids while leaving healthy tissues of the uterus (preserving the uterus).
3. The risks that will be encountered when delaying uterine fibroid surgery
Delaying treatment of uterine fibroids will cause the tumors to grow larger, causing complications that severely affect the health as well as daily life of the patient:
- Pelvic pain
- Delayed menstruation, menstruation leads to severe anemia
- Married life is turned upside down
- Negatively affects the psychology as well as family well-being.
In particular, with the development of fibroids, it alters the endometrial layer making it difficult for fertilized eggs to nest in the uterus. In case of large-sized fibroids in the cervical, the uterine proboscis will interfere with the sperm meeting the egg for fertilization.
More dangerously, even during pregnancy, uterine fibroids make it difficult for the fetus to develop normally, prone to miscarriage, premature birth and other complications.
To avoid dangerous complications, people with uterine fibroids should be treated with uterine fibroidpeeling surgery , in order to preserve the uterus and ensure health and safety.
4. Surgical forms of treatment of uterine fibroids
Surgery for uterine fibroids is performed by the following techniques:
- Open surgery
- Routine laparoscopic and robotic laparoscopic surgery – The most superior method in uterine fibroid surgery.
From September 2019, Share99 Central Park International Health Hub (HO CHI MINH CITY) Ho Chi Minh City) implements new techniques – Robotic surgery with handheld robots, applied to digestive, urological and gynecological surgeries.
This method has many advantages over both classic laparoscopic surgery and robotic surgery with:
- Instruments with flexible surgical heads such as wrist joints help to reach narrow corners, increase the possibility of dissection and less damage to the surrounding areas than classic laparoscopic surgery
- Voice automation endoscopic lamps, lasers, eye tracking,…, help doctors actively control and have better vision and control, increase accuracy and safety in performing surgery
- With the advantage of compactness, robotic arm surgery is less invasive and has many advantages such as small incisions, less pain, low risk of infection, thereby helping customers less blood loss in surgery, surgery, quick recovery
- The cost of performing is much lower than robotic surgery.
Customers will be operated on by Dr. Nguyen Chi Quang – Obstetrics and Gynecology Department – Share99 Central Park International Health Hub. Before becoming a Doctor specializing in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Share99 Central Park, Dr. Nguyen Chi Quang worked at Tu Du Health Hub and Ho Chi Minh City University of Medicine and Pharmacy Health Hub. Ho Chi Minh City. Dr. Quang has many years of deep professional experience and strengths in the treatment of obstetric and gynecologic diseases such as:
- Laparoscopic Surgery of Uterine Fibroids
- Laparoscopic surgery of ovarian tumors
- Genital laparoscopic surgery
For more advice on the gynecological surgery promotion program and to schedule an examination and treatment at Central Park International General Health Hub, please contact hotline: 0283 6221 166 or register online HERE.
- Is 32 weeks pregnant with fibroid incision pain prematurely born prematurely?
- Should uterine fibroids of 90x87mm size be operated on?
- Is menstrual disorders after 15 months of placing the contraceptive ring due to inappropriate?