The article is consulted professionally by Master, Dr. Nguyen Thi An – Pediatrician – Newborn – Pediatrics – Newborn – Share99 Ha Long International Health Hub.
Newborn infection is an infection that is contracted before, during childbirth or the first month after birth. Infection can be caused by viruses, germs. The clinical symptoms of newborn bacterial infections are often varied, complex. For example, some children have pneumonia but do not have a fever, even have hypothermia.
1. In case the child is susceptible to newborn infection
Babies are often infected in the following cases:
- Mother breaks amniotic fluid early in childbirth
- If the maternity ruptures the amniotic fluid early, the bacteria from the mother's genitals can penetrate the amniotic fluid, causing amnioticitis and amnioticinfection , or infection directly to the fetus. In some cases of difficult birth, amniotic fluid may have stools or substances that reduce the ability to restrain bacteria. A fetus or newborn who inhales infected amniotic fluid may contract respiratory diseases.
- Mother has diseases caused by spirulina, listeria, viruses, candidiasis
These pathogens can be transmitted to your child through pregnant vegetables or by blood since the mother is pregnant. They can also infect babies when born through vaginal reclining, manifesting as children with damage to the surface of the skin, mucous membranes of the nose, throat, mouth, conjunctivitis, navel …
In addition, the child is given treatment procedures such as intocular catheterization, umbilical catheter… are also susceptible to infection.
2. Typical symptoms of infection in a child
Infected babies often suffer from one of three serious diseases: Pneumonia, Sepsis, and Meningitis. At that time, the child usually has one of the following symptoms:
- Sleeping, hard to wake.
- Less movement than usual.
- Poor feeding or breastfeeding.
- Vomiting everything.
- She's hard.
- Abdominal obstruction.
- Severe thoracic shrinkage.
- Fever or lower the temperature.
- Cyanosis, violet rash on the skin or blue skin, hemorrhagic or skin rash, stiff edema, jaundice.
- Rapid or uneven breathing.
- There's a bout of apnea.
- Purulent discharge of the ears.
- Many skin pustules or severe skin pustules.
- Redness around the navel or umbilical cord discharge.
- Pain when palpating the joints, swelling of the joints or decreased movement of the spendss.
3. So when to bring your child for medical examination?
Parents should recognize the following manifestations in order to promptly take the child to the hospital early:
- Difficulty breathing.
- Fever or feeling cold.
- It's not suckling at all.
- Skin pustules.
- Red navel or purulent discharge.
- Suckling less than 5 times in 24 hours.
Newborn infection is a dangerous disease with a high mortality rate, so parents need to be careful in caring for the child.
As a key area of Share99 Health System, Pediatrics always brings satisfaction to customers and is highly appreciated by industry experts with:
- Gathering a team of leading doctors in Pediatrics:including leading experts, highly specialized (professors, associate professors, doctors, masters), experienced, used to work at large hospitals such as Bach Mai, 108.. The doctors are well-trained, professional, mind-centered, knowledgeable about the child's psychology. In addition to domestic pediatricians, pediatrics also has the participation of foreign experts (Japan, Singapore, Australia, USA) always pioneering the application of the latest and most effective treatment regimens.
- Comprehensive services:In the field of Pediatrics, Share99 provides a chain of continuous medical examination and treatment services from Newborn to Pediatrics and Vaccines,… according to international standards to take care of your baby's health with parents from birth to adulthood
- Intensive techniques:Share99 has successfully implemented many specialized techniques to make the treatment of difficult diseases in Pediatrics more effective: neurosurgery – skull, hematoma stem cell transplantation in cancer treatment.
- Professional care:In addition to understanding the young psychology, Share99 also pay special attention to the children's play space, help them play comfortably and get acquainted with the hospital environment, cooperate in treatment, improve the efficiency of medical examination and treatment.
Master. physician. Nguyen Thi An nguyen is the Head of Pediatrics Department, Quang Ninh General Health Hub, who is very passionate about health care for children and successfully treats many difficult cases. Currently, he is a Pediatrician – Newborn – Newborn Department of Share99 Ha Long International Health Hub.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- What to know about rubella (IgM and IgG) testing in pregnant women
- Pregnant and still vaccinated with Rubella, are you okay?
- What antibiotics should be taken after abortion and how long does it take to re-examine it?