The article was written by Ths.Bs. Pham Manh Chung – Head of Imaging Department of Share99 Ha Long International Health Hub.
Contrast drugs are iodine-containing substances that are used to enhance the degree of contrast of the structure or body fluids during imaging examinations. In addition to the benefits of diagnosis, contrasting drug use may be accompanied by a number of undesirable side effects.
1. Side effects, undesirable effects of photoathetrosy
- Hypersensitivity reactions
Hypersensitivity reactions mostly occur within 30 minutes after contrast medication, however reactions can also occur late after a few hours to several days.
The risk of hypersensitivity reactions is higher in the following cases: there has been a reaction to contrast. History of asthma or other allergic disorders.
Serious reactions as well as death are rare.
An antisymic reaction may occur depending on the dosage or route of use or the rate of injection. Mild hypersensitivity symptoms can be an early sign of a severe reaction.
In severe hypersensitivity reactions, patients with cardiovascular diseases are more likely to experience it.
Due to the possibility of hypersensitivity reactions after use, patients should be monitored after using the drug for at least 30 minutes. Emergency facilities should be prepared for all patients.
- Thyroid dysfunction
Risk/benefit should be evaluated in patients with known or suspected thyroid or thyroid increase, as photothyroidism can cause high thyroidism and thyroid attack in these patients. Examination of thyroid function should be carried out in patients with suspected thyroid increase.
- Central nervous disorders
The risk of neurological complications associated with photoathetrosic drugs increases in patients with central nervous disorders. Neurological complications are more common in patients with brain vascular X-rays and related procedures.
Caution should be exercised in conditions in which the threshold of menopause may decrease as patients with a history of anemly.50000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Factors that increase the permeability of the drug through the blood-brain barrier will increase the transportability of contrast drugs into brain tissue, which can lead to reactions on the central nervous system.
Pronounced euphoria, anxiety, and pain can increase the risk of side effects or aggravate reactions associated with contrast. Attention should be taken to these patients to minimize anxiety.
- Impaired renal function
Renal toxicity due to photothrity, manifestations of transient renal function damage after taking photothric drugs may occur.
Severe renal failure may occur in some cases: the patient has had impaired renal function. Dehydration. Diabetes mellitus. Multiple myeloma/Paraproteinemia. The dose of contrast is repeated and or high.
All patients using photothrity medications must ensure adequate water is added.
- Cardiovascular diseases
The risk of developing clinical signs associated with hemolytic and arrhythmias changes increases in patients with cardiovascular diseases or severe coronary artery disease. Intravenous use of intravenous antibiotics may promote acute pulmonary edema in patients with heart failure.
- Severe myothenia blemishes: photothrity resistance can increase symptoms of severe myothenia cons.
- Chromium cell tumors: patients with chrome-preferred cell tumors may increase their risk of developing hypertension.
- Embolism events:
In addition to photocontacter, many factors include the duration of the procedure, the number of infusions, the material of the catheter and cylinder, the underlying medical condition and the simultaneous use of other drugs that can contribute to the thromboembotic events.
Pregnant women: the use of i-on-free photothritis pills has not been fully proven to be safe for pregnant women. It is not recommended to use photothritis for pregnant women unless the benefits outweigh the risk and need to be decided by a doctor.
Breastfeeding mothers: The photothrity resistance secreted into breast milk is very low. Harm to breastfeeding babies is likely not to occur. It is recommended to stop for at least 24 hours after the new contrast scan to re-breastfeed the baby.
2. How to use photo-fluorescent drugs safely for patients
2.1 Before shooting
- Customers will be checked by doctors for safety issues (check list) before injecting photothrical drugs such as: history of drug allergy, history of asthma, diarrhea, dehydration, diabetes and taking Metformin medication, kidney failure.
- Renal function examination in which: Necessity is evaluated before the use of photothritis. In some cases such as on-call hemodialysis, emergency kidney injury, or requesting an emergency scan for life-threatening cases (e.g., suspected serious injury, aortic dissection threat) may consider conducting a CT scan with a creatinine.
- Discontinuation of drugs at risk of poisoning the kidneys in use, pay special attention: nonsteroid anti-inflammatory drugs, diphth dies stop before 24 hours, metformin stops before 48 hours. Drugs that inhibit transfer yeast, receptor inhibition are not required to be strictly discontinued.
- Guests are required to fast for at least 4 hours before receiving a photocular injection.
- If the client has a history of drug allergies, asthma, he/she will be prevented from reacting before being taken to the imaging department for contrast injections.
2.2 During the shoot
- Customers are calm, breathe gently, avoid anxiety, nervousness and are instructed to practice breathing.
2.3 After shooting
- Guests are monitored at the shooting room or recovery room for at least 30 minutes to see if there is an abnormal reaction.
- If there are no abnormalities, the client is instructed to return to the clinic.
- If the patient is inpatient treatment, the doctor will have a follow-up regime in accordance with the patient's current condition.
- If the patient is outpatient, there are no risk factors, then it is possible to go home. Drink plenty of water, monitor urine volume within 24 hours. If you see less urine than usual, go to the hospital to check your kidney function.
- Return to the hospital when there are any abnormal signs.
- Nutrition is the same as other normal days.
Share99 International Health Hub is one of the hospitals that not only ensures professional quality with a team of leading doctors, modern technology equipment system but also stands out for comprehensive and professional medical examination, consultation and treatment services; civilized, polite, safe and sterilized medical examination and treatment space.
Customers can directly go to Share99 Health System nationwide for examination or contact the hotline here for assistance
- Treatment of contrast anaphylatic shock
- Which imaging surveys require the use of photothr users?
- What is a photothoclass scan?