The article was consulted professionally by Specialist Ii Tran Thi Mai Huong – Obstetrics and Gynecology Department – Share99 Hai Phong International Health Hub.
Entering the 25th week of pregnancy, the pregnant woman is coming to the end of the second quarter of pregnancy. Your baby is growing steadily, although not ready, but soon the baby will be officially born.
1. Development of a 25-week-old fetus
The twenty-fifth week of pregnancy brings a lot of changes for both mother and baby. Mothers may experience unpleasant but normal symptoms of this stage of pregnancy, such as Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS), heartburn, carch syndrome…
At the twenty-fifth week of pregnancy, the baby is beginning to accumulate fat, making the baby's skin smoother and looking chubbier. For some babies who develop hair early, at this week of pregnancy, the color and hair quality of the baby begin to show. The baby's reflexes are also growing.
The 25-week-old fetus also enjoys dancing and playing in the womb, the fetus can also hear the mother's voice and other sounds. The fetus already has its own fingerprints, the folds in the palm of the hand are gradually appearing.
The baby will look more pink thanks to the formation of small blood vessels called capillaries on the skin, these capillaries help increase blood flow transported under the skin. Although the baby's eyelids remain closed, the visual receptor cells – cones and rod cells have formed and felt light or dark.
2. Size of the 25th week fetus
At the 25th week of gestation, the fetus will weigh about 785 grams, about 33.6 cm long, equal to one corn. Along with other changes in the body, this weight gain is the preparation for life outside the womb.
In detail about the development of the fetus week by week, every parent should find out:
3. 25th week fetal position
At this time, the fetus has not yet decided how to switch its position in preparation for birth. The baby's head is still located near the mother's chest and the paws are facing down. But she'll change her position soon, sometimes as soon as next week.
Throughout the twenty-fifth week of pregnancy, the nose and nostrils of the fetus begin to work, the fetus begins to inhale amniotic fluid. Capillaries formed on the skin now also form in the lungs, so that the fetus can practice breathing right now. Two lungs begin to produce superficial active substances, which help the baby to breathe after birth. However, the lungs of the fetus are still inacac old and cannot be oxygened blood. The fetus also begins to develop a sense of balance, such as distinguishing which way is to swim up, which way is to swim right down in the mother's uterus, the technique of using the fetal hand is better and can perform grips.
4. Mother's body in the twenty-fifth week of pregnancy
This week, she will see weight gain and may experience some new symptoms. Some of the symptoms of pregnancy make you tired, but mommy is a sign that your body is trying to make your baby grow healthy!
The mother's uterus is currently the size of a football. Often the mother will gain about 7-8 kg during pregnancy and 11-18 kg if the mother has twin babies. Many mothers begin to gain weight due to water accumulation during this period, as long as the mother is gaining weight at a reasonable level, then these fluctuations are normal.
You'll also notice that your baby is moving harder with more movement, so be prepared for kicks, acrobatics, and kicks in your womb. The baby also begins to react to music, voice and sound.
Many women begin to feel more tired at the end of the second quarter of pregnancy, the womb is also larger, causing the mother to feel the abdomen stagnate, accompanied by some symptoms such as:
- Restless leg syndrome: This syndrome causes the mother to feel constant leg activity to reduce stinging sensations or like cow ants, which often appear in the arms, thighs or hands when the mother rests or sleeps. The main cause of this syndrome is unknown, but the main mechanism that facilitates Restless Vacuum Syndrome may be end endal changes, as well as iron and folate deficiencies. But do not worry, this symptom will cure itself about four weeks after birth. You can exercise gently, take a warm bath before bed, take tonics containing Iron, folate, vitamin B12, Magnesium and avoid drinking coffee, but always consult your doctor before taking any medicines!
- Thicker hair: Enderthal changes in pregnancy inhibit hair loss as usual.
- Arm tube syndrome: Fluctuations in hormone levels, water volume bodies tend to cause edema, nerve hypersensitivity, and fluctuations in blood glucose can cause symptoms of cervical syndrome such as hand numbness or a momentary stinging sensation. These symptoms are usually mild and do not require anxiety, as well as no need to apply treatment in most cases.
- Hemorrhoids: The increased abdominal ring puts pressure on the pelvic veins, which can cause hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are unpleasant, but common during pregnancy and often self-memmunity after birth, except in some cases interventional treatment prescribed by a doctor.
- Heartburn and ingestion: The fetus also increases the pressure on the mother's digestive system, such as pushing acid in the stomach onto the erta
Bloating: During pregnancy, hormonal changes slow down the mother's digestion, causing gas to accumulate causing abdominal obstruction and constipation.
5. Ultrasound at the 25th week of gestation
Usually she won't have an ultrasound this week, unless she needs the closely monitored tests prescribed by a specialist. From the twenty-fourth to the twenty-eighth week, the mother will take a blood glucose tolerance test to eliminate the risk of gestational diabetes. If you've done this test before and have had abnormal results, your doctor will be asked to do it again this week.
6. What do you need to do during your 25th week of gestation?
- Continue a healthy diet : Continuea diet rich in fiber, eat more vegetables and fruits, seeds, eat low-mercury fish and lean meats. You don't have to eat for two, just don't skip meals.
- Gentle exercise: Avoidfighting sports, lift heavy objects excessively and lie on your back. But besides that, you need to practice regularly, listen to your body (and your doctor's advice!), do not exercise when you feel too tired, short of breath or dizzy.
- Drink plenty of water:Make sure your mother's body is given enough water to avoid constipation, flatulence and hemorrhoids!
- Moisturizing: The mother may have stretch marks on her abdomen and chest around the 25th week of pregnancy, she may even have an itchy rash. Daily moisturizing can help mom avoid these problems.
- Birth planning : Noone has said in advance for sure what will happen at birth, but this is the right stage for mom to think about the method of birth she wants.
- Baby preparation:Mom can start shopping for the necessary items for her baby before the belly is larger and she feels more uncomfortable.
- Prepare newborn knowledge: Especially if this is your first time as a mother, this is the time when you should prepare knowledge about the baby, how to care and what can happen.
- Stress control: The time of labor is not far away, it is easy to understand if the mother feels anxious, but studies show that mothers who have a lack of positive thoughts during pregnancy have a higher risk of post-birth depression, so the twenty-fifth week of pregnancy is the right time to learn how to manage stress.
7. Abnormal signs at the 25th week of gestation
Inform your doctor as soon as you experience the muscles of your uterus,blood or any other symptoms. You can discuss with your specialist the symptoms encountered, methods of prevention and limitation of symptoms, as well as birth plans.
Pregnancy at 25 weeks is in the mid-pregnancy 3 months, at which time the pregnant mother needs to pay attention:
- Comprehensive fetal malformations screening using superior 4D ultrasound techniques.
- Screening for gestational diabetes, avoiding causing many dangerous complications for both mother and baby.
- Control the mother's weight appropriately to assess the state of health of the pregnant woman and the development of the fetus.
- Understand the signs of premature birth (especially in people with multiple pregnancies or a history of miscarriage, premature birth) for timely pregnancy therapy.
To protect mothers and babies during pregnancy, Share99 provides a full maternity service to help monitor the health status of mothers and babies comprehensively, regular pregnancy examinations with leading obstetrician and gynecologist, complete tests, important screenings for obstetrics and gynecology, timely consultation and intervention when detecting abnormalities in the health of mothers and babies.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
Article reference source: Mayoclinic.org, Webmd.com, Babycenter.com, Whattoexpect.com
Watch want to melt: The first "talk" between father and daughter after birth
- Benefits of pregnancy in the 3 months between pregnancy
- Benefits of pregnancy in the last 3 months of pregnancy
- Instructions for supplementing multivitamins and Folic Acid for people preparing for pregnancy