Glossy lipstick and lip balm keep your lips soft and smooth. Most lip products contain lanolin, petroleum or shea butter for moisturizing. Wax, like beeswax, is another popular component and helps glossy lipstick stick to your lips. So what are lip gloss made from? Read more to better understand.
1. What is lip gloss made of? Ingredients and benefits of lip gloss
1.1. Composition of glossy lipstick
Ordinary lip gloss is made up of several components, including:
- Wax: Wax is often used as a medium to mix glossy lipstick ingredients, it also makes the glossy lipstick firmly attached to your lips. The most common wax commonly used to make lip gloss is beeswax
- Skin softeners: These ingredients are capable of softening and soothing the skin as well as astringent skin to prevent moisture loss and sometimes act as moisturizers. Examples include shea butter, coconut oil, avocado oil, argan oil, sweet almond oil, lanolin, etc.
- Mild anesthetics: This substance is available in some glossy lipsticks, especially those that contain drugs, and they are responsible for soothing irritated lips and act as a mild anesthetic. example. mint, camphor, essential oils of mint, etc.
- Sunscreens and antioxidants: They act as a protective substance for the user's lips. For example, VitaminS C and E are components that neutralized free radicals that harm the elastin and collagen tissues of the skin.
- Anti-aging substances: These ingredients help to reduce the grooves or wrinkles around the edge of the user's lips, they also help the lips to succulent. Some examples include atelocollagen, hyaluronic acid and dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline, etc.
- Color pigments: Color pigments are often mixed with glossy lipstick ingredients to provide different color variations and shades that help your lips look beautiful and glossy.
1.2. Benefits of using lip gloss
Basically, lip gloss helps protect your lips against some external disadvantages. It also helps your lips not to crack, especially in extreme weather conditions. Some other benefits of using lip gloss include:
- It promotes rapid skin healing: According to research carried out by various dermatologists, human skin recovers faster when always maintained at a certain humidity. Therefore, the benefits of using glossy lipstick include sealing visible cracks in the cracked lips, thus preventing your lips from contracting infections and experiencing other lesions
- Make your lips succulent: Using glossy lipstick will give your lips a smooth and succulent moist appearance, thereby helping you maintain a soft and youthful look.
- It's a good choice to add a glamorous shine to your lips: Beautifully applied glossy lipstick can make your lips more radiant, especially if the glossy lipstick is colored.
- If you use glossy lipstick, then you can skip the lip liner: Lip gloss can replace the lip lining if you do not want to use both at the same time or you can combine it with your favorite lipstick. However, different people may have different interests so do what makes you feel most comfortable.
- Easy to use and convenient to carry with you: Lip gloss is one of the beauty accessories that you can carry in your wallet and use whenever needed. Don't forget to carry a small mirror in your wallet so you can quickly check your lips whenever you apply lip gloss. You can also find different types of glossy lipstick with a variety of beautiful colors and shades, and you can easily choose one that you like.
2. Shelf life of glossy lipstick
Have you ever wondered if lip gloss has a shelf life? The answer is yes. And you do not want to use the expired product yourself because it can cause infections, bad skin problems, pimples, swelling and unwanted soreness. You may not find shelf life on your glossy lipstick tube, however, there are some signs that can act as a sign to let you know when to change your lip gloss. These signs include:
- The smell of glossy lipstick: If your glossy lipstick has broken or expired, its usual sweet scent and beauty will turn sour. This is because the ingredients used to make the lip gloss are aging, they begin to decompose and lose their original aroma. If your glossy lipstick smells rancid, then it is better not to apply lipstick.
- Texture of glossy lipstick: Another sign that your lip gloss may have expired is a change in its texture. Glossy lipstick once smooth will become rough, lumpy or even watery. At this point, it will become lumpy and should be removed instead of continued use.
- Color of glossy lipstick: When you notice that the glossy lipstick that used to be in your tick is now cloudy or appears to become darker, don't try to use it. It is either contaminated or the components have used up their lifespan.
4. How to use lip gloss with long-term effect
Here are some simple steps on how you can apply most glossy lipsticks so that it stays on your lips for a while before re-applying.
Prepare the lips. The first thing we have to do is prepare for our lips. However, if you have cracked lips or any dead skin cells, then you must gently rub your lips to remove the dead dry skin before starting to prepare. For the preparation step, massage the exfoliating on the lips for 2-3 minutes, then rinse.
Soften the lips. Before applying lip gloss, we must ensure that our lips have been softened. To do this, use a lip balm or lip balm, it will help your lips to be soft, succulent and ready. However, leave the balm on your lips for about a minute or two.
Absorb excess lip balm. After applying lip balm or lip balm, use a paper towel to absorb the excess. In this way we can prevent our lipstick from being wired to the outside (if you are using lipstick), while also making it easier for you to apply other products.
Lip contouring with lead lipstick. First, analyze the shape of your lips, then use a pencil of any color you like, start drawing the line from the middle of the upper lip, then follow the natural line of the lips until you reach the lip tip. Do the same with the lower lip. You can also use lip lining similar to a kind of filling; This will create a very beautiful foundation and help the lip color last longer.
Apply lipstick. Although this is not required, apply lipstick before applying glossy lipstick if you intend to use glossy lipstick. Now, to apply lipstick, use your lip brush and apply with short strokes and fill your entire lips.
Apply glossy lipstick. Finally, it's time to apply lip gloss. Start applying from the middle of the lips while pulling the sucker along the length of the lips. Try not to apply glossy lipstick on the natural line of the lips. If you notice that the glossy paint is redundant, then you can use a paper towel to absorb the excess. In this way, you are preventing the lipstick color from flowing out.
Glossy lipstick is a solid liquid or soft solid cosmetic product that women often apply on the lips to give it a glossy, lush and sometimes lightly colored appearance. Lip gloss has a lot of uses. You can use glossy lipstick instead of lipstick. Not only that, according to current trends, lip gloss can be used as chalk highlighter, eyesha on eyesha on, even eyebrow gel. Lip gloss can actually be made from many ingredients. Most of the ingredients of glossy lipstick are derived from petroleum. The ingredients may vary depending on the brand, some use wax, such as carnauba wax and beeswax, lanolin, shea butter or kerosene.
For direct advice, please click the HOTLINE number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
Source: beststyletrends.com, byrdie.com
- Use lip balm: How to choose and limit use
- Should pregnant women use lipstick?
- 7 tips to choose good lipstick, suitable for you