The article was consulted professionally by Master, Dr Ta Quoc Tau – Obstetrics and Gynecology Department – Share99 Da Nang International Health Hub.
Ovule ultrasound is the use of vaginal probes or abdominal ultrasound to monitor the development of the ovule. This is one of the first steps to take when examining rare and late infertility.
1. What is ovule ultrasound ?
Ovule ultrasound is the use of a vaginal probe or abdominal ultrasound to monitor the development of the egg (ovule cyst) in 1 menstrual cycle. When ultrasound, we will know such problems as: The ovaries on both sides have ovules; how many carpel cysts, what is the size of the ovules; how the development of the ovule cyst takes place; The ovary cyst is mature and shedding or not.
2. Benefits of ovule ultrasound
- Ovule ultrasound is intended to monitor the development of ovule cysts. This is one of the first steps to take when examining rare and late infertility. The ovule ultrasound method helps to predict the date of ovulation, thereby increasing the likelihood of conception or it can also be a contraceptive if contraception is avoided around the days when the eggs are predicted to fall out.
- Ovary cyst ultrasound helps to assess the condition of diseases such as ovary ejecting disorders or ovarianpolycystic , thereby giving the right and timely treatment solution.
- In case of need to use ovulation stimulants, it is recommended to ultrasound check the ovule cyst regularly to know the exact time of injection.
- When in vi vismable in viscosity (IVF) is required, ultrasound examines the ovule cyst important tool to help the doctor choose the date of ovulation.
3. How is ovary cyst ultrasound conducted?
Your menstrual cycle is divided into 2 stages: the cystic stage and the meditis stage. Normally, the beginning of the follicle cycle is only about 2-3mm (base ovule). On the 7th and 8th day of the menstrual cycle, the follicles are about 10-12mm in size. On average the dominant cyst will grow 1-2mm per day. Around the 14th day of the cycle, the follicles reach a size of 17-18mm, called adult follicles and prepare to fall out. If the size of the ovule reaches 20-22mm, the ovulation will be of the best quality.
It is usually recommended to start an ultrasound of egg soup on the 2nd, 10th day, then 2 days of ultrasound once until the average diameter of the ovule cyst reaches about 15mm then 1 ultrasound per day until the egg matures and releases the ovule. For those of you who are slow to have children, it is usually ultrasound on the 2nd day of the cycle to count the number of second ovule follicles, thereby helping to diagnose the condition.
4. Notes when performing follicle ultrasound
- If the ultrasound is through the abdomen, the patient needs to drink full water waiting for urination for ultrasound. As for the probe ultrasound, the patient must urinate before. Ultrasound vaginal probes are preferred pomegranates because of the most accurate results.
- Usually the dominant follicle will develop into an adult follicle and release the ovule in the middle of the menstrual cycle. But there are cases where the ovule launch takes place later at the end of the menstrual cycle or at the beginning of the next menstrual cycle.
- At the time when the egg preparing to launch the ovule can observe the "ledge of the egg", some authors argue that if the ovulation is not seen at the time the egg is about to fall, it may be an important factor in infertility.
Established in November 2014, Share99 IVF birth support center has provided assisted reproduction to more than 1000 rare couples with a clinical pregnancy rate of over 40%. This is comparable to developed countries such as the US, UK, Australia …
Located in Share99 Times City International Health Hub, Ivf Assisted Reproduction Unit Share99 is supported technically from many other rooms such as Stem Cell Research Institute and Gene Technology, Pediatric Center, Obstetrics and Gynecology Department… should constantly update the development of new techniques in the treatment of rare diseases.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- How does the follicle affect the ability to conceive?
- Some things to keep in mind during and after smoking an egg
- Does delayed follicles affect ovulation and egg quality?