The article was consulted professionally by Master, Dr. Nguyen Thi Xuyen – Clinician – Center for Assisted Reproduction – Share99 Times City International Health Hub. Doctors have many years of experience in the field of reproduction health, assisted reproduction.
After the baby is born, some women face the phenomenon of epidemic stalemate. If not handled the situation of epidemic is very dangerous, affecting life. In case of fluid retention and the use of drugs to help the uterus contract to push out the product ineffectively, the doctor will have to perform cervical nodulsions
1. Why is the epidemic clogged?
An epidemic is the fluid of the uterus and genitals that flows out in the first days of the post-production (post-birth) period. The production consists of blood clots and diluted blood flowing from the lining of the uterus. In humans compared to breastfeeding, the production will run out faster due to faster contraction of the uterus. In cesarean sections, the production is usually less than in ordinary births. If the outbreak is high, prolonged or dark red blood is gone, the blood is re-bleeding again, it is necessary to monitor the vegetable omission at birth.
There are many reasons for the epidemic such as: When the maternity loses a lot of blood due to poor recovery of the uterus, the prolonged labor time causes the maternity exhaustion, the pregnant woman multi-pregnancy. In addition, the epidemic is often associated with women who lie more or less, walk less, move for fear of falling out of the uterus.
2. Some complications after treatment of cervical no-cervical bleeding
The technique of cervical angioplasty and uterine scraping to clean what remains in the uterus is usually very safe and very rare for complications. However, there are still some risks such as:
- Perforation of the uterus. Perforation of the uterus occurs when the instrument pokes a hole in the city of the uterus. Most of the holes heal themselves. However, if blood vessels or other agencies are damaged, the patient will need to perform additional techniques for treatment.
- Cervical lesions. If the uterus is torn during nod and scraping, the doctor may have to use a clamp to force the bleeding, take heng hem bleeding medication, or may close the wound with sutures.
- Scar tissue on the crown of the uterus. Rarely, cervical nong and uterine scraping lead to the formation of sticky tissue and scars in the uterus, also known as Asherman syndrome. This syndrome will cause abnormal menstrual cycles, loss of menstruation or more abdominal pain during menstruation, future miscarriages and infertility.
- Infection, however, occurs very rarely.
Contact your doctor who encounters any of the following symptoms after performing cervical nod nong and uterine scraping:
- Bleeding is so severe that you need to change the tam tamer every hour
- Cramps last more than 48 hours
- More and more lower abdominal pain
- Vaginal translation has a bad smell .
3. Procedures for cervical nong due to epidemic
Cervical nong and uterine scraping techniques are performed at a specialized obstetrics or hospital with an obstetrics department or licensed Medical facility to perform this technique.
- The maternity will follow the doctor's instructions on limiting food and beverages.
- Maternity should arrange an extra person to be able to take the maternity home after the anesthetic has expired.
- Re-arrange the schedule of activities and work to allow the maternity enough time to rest and recover after performing this procedure.
- In some cases, the doctor may begin to perform cervical dility of the maternity a few hours or even a day before the procedure. This helps the cervical of the maternity to open gradually and is usually done when the cervical has dilated in accordance with the standards of this technique. Usually, the doctor will use the drug misoprostol (Cytotec) taken orally or put the vagina to soften the cervical or use nong algae (laminaria) into the cervical. Algae nong (laminaria) absorbs fluid in the cervical that causes the cervical of the maternity to open gradually.
3.2 During implementation
Depending on the maternity, it is possible to have a full-body anesthesia to perform cervical nost nong and uterine scraping. General anesthesia causes the maternity to unconscious and not feel pain. Other anaesthetics can be used such as mild sedatives or local anesthesia or regional anesthesia.
In the process of implementation:
- Maternity lying on the back on the table and two feet pedaling on the pedal
- The doctor will insert the duck beak into the vagina and be gradually enlarged so that the cervical dilate slowly until it opens wide enough that the doctor will begin to scrape the products that are in the uterus.
- Because the maternity is anesthetic or anesthetic, during the implementation, the maternity will not feel pain or discomfort.
3.3 After implementation
Maternity takes a few more hours in the resuscitation room after the procedure, so that the doctor can monitor for bleeding complications or other complications.
If the maternity has a full-body anesthesia, some side effects may be such as nausea, vomiting or sore throat if an in-administration tube is placed. With body anesthesia or mild sedative use, the woman may also feel drowsy for several hours after the procedure.
Some other lingering side effects may take place in a few days such as:
- Mild cramps
- There's a streak of blood in the tam tam.
For cramping discomfort, the doctor may prescribe to the maternity using ibuprofen or another drug.
After returning home, the maternity can resume normal activities within a day or two afterwards.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- How many days does the post-birth epidemic last?
- Post-birth product stalemate: Causes, symptoms
- What is cervical nong and uterine scraping for?