The article was consulted professionally by Master, Dr. Tran Hong Nhat – Interventional Cardiologist – Cardiologist – Share99 Central Park International Health Hub. The doctor has more than 10 years of experience in examining and treating interventional cardiovascular diseases.
In the treatment of hypertension, proper nutrition is a factor through weight, contributing to an increase in the effectiveness of treatment. Therefore, nutrition for people with hypertension is also a concern today.
1. What should people with hypertension eat?
Along with the drug, proper nutrition also plays a role in good control of blood pressure. Therefore, in the diet of patients with hypertension should reduce foods containing fats, salts, and limit the intake of alcoholic beverages such as alcohol, beer.
Specifically in the daily menu should be noted to ensure:
- Protein: From 0.8 g to 1 g of protein per kilogram of weight.
- Fat from 25 to 30 g. Vegetable oils such as soybean oil, peanuts, sesame, olives, sunflower should be used.
- Sugar powder from 300 to 320 g.
- Table salt (including MSG, seasoning powder, soy sauce, fish sauce) is not more than 6g.
- Fiber is high in vegetables, tubers, fruits about 30 to 40 g (equivalent to from 300 to 500 g of vegetables).
- The diet with fish, lean meat, vegetable oil and plenty of greens, tubers, fruits, beans, seeds is the safest. Vegetables that are good for people with high blood pressure such as turkey, chamomile, spinach, bamboo shoots, tomatoes, eggplants, carrots, shiitake mushrooms, garlic, carpentry. When eating need to be slow, chew thoroughly, eat a lot in the morning, limit salt intake.
- It is necessary to supplement those foods rich in magnesium, potassium, and calcium, eating foods rich in low-fat proteins, cereals, fruits and greens.
Some good foods should be in the diet of people with high blood pressure:
- It is foods rich in potassium that will help your body achieve a higher percentage of potassium than sodium, so help to neutralate sodium in the body. This allows the body to remove sodium in the kidneys through the urine, so that blood pressure will lower.
- Green vegetables such as fish lettuce, lettuce, kale, radishes, radishes, spinach are all vegetables very rich in potassium.
- It is recommended to choose fresh green vegetables because canned vegetables often have additional sodium. Frozen vegetables can also be chosen, as frozen vegetables contain many nutrients almost on par with fresh vegetables, and are easy to preserve.
- Berries, especially blueberries are abundant in a natural compound called flavonoids. One study found that consuming flavonoids can prevent high blood pressure and lower blood pressure.
- Berries such as raspberries, strawberries to add to the daily nutritional menu. In the family there are people with hypertension should prepare these berries and use these berries as easy-to-eat, nutritious desserts for the whole family.
- In the composition of potatoes contain two minerals, potassium and magnesium that help lower blood pressure. In addition, in potatoes rich in fiber are essential in the servingment of each meal of your family.
- Researchers have pointed out that the health of people with hypertension improves significantly after drinking juice from beets. The nitrate composition found in beetroot juice can help lower blood pressure.
- Beetroot can be pressed for drinking water or cooked beets to eat or beetroot dishes such as stew.
Unsym sugar-low milk
- Unsym sugar-free milk is an extremely excellent source of nutrition in the supply of calcium, low in fat that is essential in our daily diet, being useful in hypotension.
- Instead of eating high-fat milks, you should eat low-fat milks like yogurts.
- Being a food rich in fiber, low fat and sodium content should be one of the foods suitable for people with hypertension.
- The ideal time to eat oatmeal porridge is in the morning, because oatmeal porridge is not only active in the treatment of high blood pressure, but also as an energy supplement for a long active day.
- It is not recommended to add sugar, but it is recommended to add fresh, cold fruits to serve with oatmeal porridge.
- As a source of Potassium for the body, it is impossible to ignore bananas in the daily diet. Eating foods rich in natural potassium such as bananas is much better than functional foods.
2. What should high blood pressure not eat?
- It is not recommended to eat salty, eat foods that contain a high salt content
As recommended by the doctor, a person should eat less than 6g of salt per day. Sodium in table salt drains cellular drainage, which makes the heart beat rapidly and increases blood pressure. In particular, people with hypertension should not eat sour salt dishes such as pickles, salted tomatoes, salted onions, kimchi,… because they contain high sodium content.
- It is not recommended to eat foods that contain a lot of energy
High-energy food is chocolate, glucose, sugar cane, and other sugary dishes. Foods of this type can cause obesity, hypertension
- Do not eat a lot of fat
People with hypertension should not eat a lot of fat especially animal fat because it contains a lot of cholesterol, increasing the risk of atherosclerosis, hypertension and other cardiovascular diseases
- It is not recommended to eat animal organs
Animal organs contain much higher levels of saturated fats and cholesterol than meat. When animal organs are consumed a lot will increase blood fat, harmful to the cardiovascular, hypertension. In addition, animal organs of unknown origin also pose risks of cancer, brain, helminthiasis, myocarditis, pneumonia,…
- It is not recommended to eat fast food, processed feed
Processed meats such as ham, bacon, sausages,… are foods that contain a lot of saturated fats, trans fats, chemical preserv preserves and contain a high salt content. This is also the food group that causes hypertension and obesity. Therefore, people with hypertension should not eat these foods.
- Instant noodles
Instant noodles are a quick and convenient processed dish. But, this is one of the foods that contributes to an increase in blood pressure because in instant noodles it is high in sodium. People with hypertension should not eat a lot of instant noodles.
- It is not recommended to use stimulants such as alcohol, beer, tobacco, coffee
People with hypertension should not use stimulants such as alcohol, beer, tobacco, coffee. In cigarettes there is nicotine that will stimulate the sympathetic nervous system, contract the vessels and cause hypertension. Drinking too much alcohol and beer is also a risk factor for cardiovascular disease and hypertension. Alcohol, beer will lose the effect of hypoasive drugs, and make the disease worse.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- Vitamins and nutrients required for 6-month-olds at the start of eating miles
- How much salt do children eat per day is enough?
- How to steam food with a microwave