Kidney stones are a common condition, there are many treatments for kidney stones such as medical treatment and surgical treatment by intervention such as canopy or stone surgery. In particular, laser kidney stones are considered a breakthrough in the treatment of kidney stones.
1. What is laser kidney stone canopy?
Urolithiasis is a common pathology, prone to complications and a high recurrence rate. Urolithiasis consists of urethral stones, bladder stones, kidney stones, ureter stones. In which kidney stones account for the highest proportion (30-40%). In the treatment of kidney stones in the past, the patient suffered a painful open operation, a long hospital stay, costly, surgical scars that caused loss of aesthetics, affecting the ability to work and especially damage to kidney function. Currently, less invasive interventions are preferred, in which the canopy of kidney stones through the skin of small tunnels by laser is a breakthrough in surgical surgery to replace open surgery.
Laser kidney stone canopy is a technique that uses laser energy to break kidney stones into small pieces to get out through the tunnel created through the skin into the kidneys.
2. How is laser kidney stone canopy done?
With this technique, the doctor will make a skin incision of about 0.5 – 1cm of the back or waist area, establishing a tunnel into the kidneys. Take the endoscopy through the tunnel to find gravel. Use laser energy to disperse gravel into small pieces and then suck out through the tunnel. After that, the doctor will place a cathetro from the kidneys down to the bladder to help the circulation better. Patients will be appointment after 01 month of re-examination, X-ray to assess the effectiveness of gravel canopy and drain catheter.
Laser kidney stone canopy techniques have many advantages over previous techniques. The surgical process allows the examination of the entire kidney station, so it minimizes the possibility of stones. Patients will feel less pain, less bleeding, almost no scarring, no aesthetic effects, and shorten the hospital stay from 1 day and a half to 2 days, compared to open surgery from 7-10 days. Besides, this technique helps less affect kidney function, patients recover quickly.
3. What is the laser technique for spreading kidney stones through the skin?
- Kidney stones and ureteral stones close to the renal tank > 20mm.
- Applied to contraintrained cases of extra-body gravel canopy:
- Arrhythmias, coronary failure.
- Children weighing less than 30kg, obese people weighing more than 135kg.
- Anatomy abnormalities: ureteral stenosis, horseshoe kidneys …
- The failures of extra-body gravel canopy:
- Too hard gravel (Oxalate de Calcium Monohydrate, Cystine) can not disperse small.
- The stones have been dispersed small but lingered in the renal tank, not self-eliminated by nature.
- Kidney stones in combination with urinary pathology can effectively intervene through renal endoscopy (narrowing of the renal ureteral tank, renal extra vesictal …).
- Consider applying this technique in case of lower kidney stones with an angle between the lower axis with a narrow renal tank and a small kidney hole.
- Treatment of other urinary diseases
The technique of dispersing kidney stones through the skin with lasers is contrained in the following cases:
- Absolute contraincularity if the patient has a blood clot disorder that has been treated without effect.
- Patients with vascular abnormalities in the kidneys are at risk of severe bleeding.
- Hypertension has not been treated.
Laser kidney stone canopy techniques have many advantages over previous techniques, and checking all kidney stations should minimize the likelihood of stones. Accordingly, patients also limit pain, bleeding, especially without affecting aesthetics.
Currently, methods of dispersing non-invasive kidney stones such as lasers, endoscopy through the skin,… carried out at Share99 International Health Hub, depending on the patient's needs as well as health status, doctors will prescribe the appropriate method of dispersing kidney stones.
Accordingly, in order to improve the process of medical examination and treatment, Share99 also brings modern medical equipment combined with accompanying medical services. Especially in the medical examination and treatment process, there is a kidney – urologist who will create a sense of trust for customers.
For examination and treatment of Share99, please go directly to Share99 Health System or register for an online examination HERE.
- Kidney stones: Is drinking plenty of water effective?
- What is kidney stones falling on the bladder?
- Advantages of extra-body kidney stones canopy