Most women who have ever taken the contraceptive pill are concerned about the cyclical or menstrual side effects of this drug. There are many causes that cause menstruation to be little after taking the contraceptive pill, which includes a hormone imbalance.
1. Effects of contraceptive pills on the menstrual cycle
Why does menstruation come out less after taking the contraceptive pill? In addition to the cause of stress, sudden weight gain or loss, irregular menstruation is mainly a consequence of hormonal imbalances in the body. Menstrual disorders after taking oral contraceptives, namely less menstruation, can also be caused by hormone disorders. Because the main activity of the contraceptive pill is to transform the concentration of hormones in the female body. This has led to some women having menstrual disorders, little or too much menstruation, and even menstruation after taking long-term contraceptive pills. Specifically, the effects of the contraceptive pill will change:
- The duration of the monthly cycle;
- Number of days of menstruation;
- The amount of neuron blood (more or less menstruation).
If the choice of using the contraceptive pill is constant, the woman will have to take the pill daily for 3 weeks, then take a placebo within 1 week. Many reports show that subjects taking this drug often give out a few blood spots between periods, or in other words, menstruation less after taking the contraceptive pill. Besides, within 1 year of taking contraceptive pills continuously, women usually only have about 4 menstruations on the weeks of taking placebo.
In addition to the above contraceptives, there are still many other brands with different content and ingredients, which are at risk of causing hormone imbalances or menstrual disorders. However, studies have also demonstrated that taking daily contraceptive pills is likely to have benefits far beyond side effects, such as:
- The menstrual cycle occurs steadily every 28 days;
- The number of days of menstruation is shorter, and at the same time menstruation is less;
- Limit abdominal pain;
- Actively avoid menstruation when you do not want menstruation to appear.
Because of the different effects in each subject, women should talk to their doctor in advance to choose the drug that best suits their body, avoiding menstrual disorders, menstruation little or too much after taking the contraceptive pill.
2. Notes when taking oral contraceptives
Following your doctor's instructions on the notes when taking daily contraceptive pills plays a very important role. Some points to keep in mind include:
- When to start taking the drug:
Besides asking your doctor about the appropriate choice of medication, the time and dosage of oral contraceptives should also be of interest. Women are often advised to start taking end-of-end contraceptives at the time of their menstrual period. After about 25 consecutive days of taking the drug, the next period will appear;
- Forget to take the drug daily:
During daily use of contraceptives, if you forget to take the right dose, it will make ovulation more likely. Therefore, in case of delayed menstruation, accompanied by conditions of not taking the drug at least once, it is recommended to try the pregnancy for a firm examination. Besides, if it is late for 2 monthly periods even if they still drink on schedule, women should also doubt the possibility of getting pregnant;
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding:
Within the first 2-3 months of daily contraceptive use, it is more likely that women will experience abnormal vaginal bleeding symptoms between menstrual cycles, similar to having little menstruation. Contraceptives containing high levels of estrogen can help avoid this condition;
- Contraceptive pills can cause asym neuroning:
For people with a small amount of menstruation,taking contraceptive pills long-term will cause the mucous membranes in the uterus to shrink, leading to menstruation loss. Therefore, before starting to use hormonal contraceptives, you should consult a doctor about possible possibilities for mental preparation, avoid confusion, anxiety;
- More menstruation:
In contrast to menstruation at least after taking the contraceptive pill, some people have a lot of blood coming into the menstrual cycle. For this case should be advised to take a contraceptive endaormonal drug with a high content of progestin;
- Abrupt discontinuation of the drug:
Abrupt discontinuation of contraceptive endococular tablets without asking a doctor can cause the hormone to no longer stabilize, pulling out abnormal vaginal blood, unlike any previous menstrual cycle. At this time, you should go to a medical facility specializing in obstetrics and gynecology to examine and re-evaluate the current condition. The doctor should consider the properties of vaginal blood or endometrial ultrasound and clarify some other relevant information for the best further treatment.
When there is a desire for pregnancy, it is necessary to stop using the contraceptive pill daily and it is advisable to learn about the development of the fetus through each stage in order to be able to better care for the pregnancy:
3. Menstrual conditioning when taking contraceptive pills
In general in the early stages of the use of contraceptives, the female body needs time to adapt to changes from the effects of the brought on drug. You should also be prepared for the risk of side effects, such as headache, dizziness, and abdominal pain.
In order to limit the undesirable effects when taking contraceptive pills, women should actively adjust their lifestyles to be healthier and more scientific, namely:
- Maintain proper nutrition:
Females should be aware of the addition of a variety of vegetables, fruits, and especially those that contain phytoestrogens – natural compounds in plants (especially soybean sprouts) with a chemical structure and an effect almost identical to the hormone estrogen. Keeping a healthy diet also helps women control their weight steadily, supporting the treatment of menstrual disorders caused by taking birth control pills;
- Practice physical exercise habits:
Many experts have insisted that practicing physical exercise – sports regularly will bring a multitude of positive benefits. Especially for women, physical activity helps to keep a reasonable weight and even naturally conditioning menstruation;
- Implement stress relief measures:
You can consult and do breathing exercises, yoga, or walk, listen to music, read books … regularly to reduce stress and relax better. Keeping mentally comfortable not only increases the effectiveness of the contraceptive pill, but also supports hormone balance as well as limiting less abnormal or excessive neurons;
- Taking pharmaceuticals to protect health:
Today there are many pharmaceuticals that protect women's health, containing anti-aging substances such as alphalipoic acid and selenium, soy germ essence combined with traditional remedies such as Quadrilateral ladder capable of replenishing blood gases, balancing hormones, controlling unpleasant symptoms related to the cycle. You can consult and ask your doctor for advice to choose the right supplement.
In short, menstruation is less after taking the contraceptive pill is a fairly common condition due to hormone disorders in the woman's body. To limit the side effects of the contraceptive pill, you can ask your doctor for advice on the drug as well as the safest dosage and use. In addition to menstruation,if you experience frequent and serious side effects, such as menstrual disorders or menstrual loss, women should present to their doctor for comprehensive examination and advice.
All menstrual disorders, including menstruation, after taking contraceptive pills and other gynecological diseases will be detected, screened and evaluated accurately in the Basic Gynecological Pathology Examination and Screening Package implemented by Share99 International Health Hub. The examination package includes the following:
- Gynecology examination;
- Ultrasound of the ovaries through the vagina;
- Ultrasound of the mammary glands on both sides;
- Tests such as treponema pallidum rapid test, Chlamydia rapid test, taking the product as a cervical cell session – vagina, bacteria dyed (female vaginal translation), HPV genotype PCR automatic system;
- Total urine analysis by automatic machine.
With Share99's comprehensive quality of doctor's qualifications, equipment, customer service and confidentiality, respecting the personal privacy of customers, you can be assured when registering for the Screening Package for basic gynecologic diseases at Share99.
In addition, in order to prepare a healthy pregnancy, both spouses should check for birth health from 3-5 months before pregnancy.
The wife should:
- Vaccination before pregnancy (especially rubella prevention because rubella during pregnancy is extremely dangerous)
- Genetic testing to screen for genetic diseases before pregnancy
- Check for gynecologic inflammation that affects the health of mothers and fetuses
- Especially women over 35 years of age who want to become pregnant (especially not yet pregnant) will have to have a very detailed health check because pregnancy at this age often has problems: Ovarian failure, premature birth, higher risk of fetal malformations, forward vegetables, pre-production.
The husband should:
- Examination of reproduction health, detection of testicular atrophy, weak physical weakness, weak sperm …
- The most sexually transmitted diseases are those that cannot be cured extremely dangerously
Share99 currently has many comprehensive health care programs for couples, pregnant mothers and fetuses, including basic pre-marital examination packages, advanced pre-marital examination packages,package maternity programs. Share99 has a team of experienced doctors in the field of obstetrics and gynecology, IVF, stem cells, genetechnology, capable of deploying comprehensively and comprehensively the most advanced assisted reproduction techniques today.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
What to do if you have menstrual disorders after taking the contraceptive pill?
- Less menstruation after abortion: What to know
- Abnormal menstruation with fatigue, is weight loss a sign of pregnancy?
- Signs to go to the doctor immediately after abortion