Tooth decay in children is a common phenomenon, common in children aged 1-3 years. Early tooth decay causes quite a lot of consequences such as worn teeth, loss of aesthetics, making the baby speak sweetly … Therefore, parents need to understand how to prevent and focus on treating children when they have tooth decay.
1. What is tooth soup?
The structure of the tooth consists of a hard outer shell, followed by the enamel and dentures. However, the enamel and dentures of children are relatively thin, low calciumization and sensitivity, so they are very susceptible to worms and damage. When the enamel is damaged, the child's teeth will gradually purulent and digestion, reducing the volume of the tooth body. This condition is called tooth soup.
Tooth soup is a common phenomenon in children 1-3 years old, although it does not cause pain for the baby and the place of papillae is usually shallow, not as deep as the cavity hole but with a wide area, black or brown, soft bottom in the advanced waves. Tooth soup has a degree of rapid spread to other teeth if left unman over. Finally, the young teeth only have small tooth beaks near the benefit, the root of the tooth is close to the benefit, affecting the function of chewing swallowing, communicating.
2. Harm when a child has tooth decay
Children begin to change their first milk tooth at about 5-6 years old and lose their last milk tooth at the age of 12–13. If normal, each milk tooth will have permanent teeth growing to replace it for a maximum of 6-12 months. If you have a tooth soup earlier than the a mentioned timelines, after losing your teeth, for a period of time your child will have no replacement teeth, which greatly affects eating, digestion and pronunciation.
Not only that, when milk teeth are souped,they will carry harmful bacteria, which not only affect the tooth itself, but also adversely affect the teeth permanently and beneficially. At the same time, when the teeth are worn out, the pulp will be exposed, the milk dentures are exposed, the baby will feel discomfort, soreness when eating, easy to cry and anorexia, which directly affects the later development of the child.
In addition, when the baby's teeth are worn out due to soup, especially the incisive teeth, besides the loss of aesthetics, it also puts the child at risk of being talked about. In fact, many babies with severe tooth decay will find it difficult to pronounce standard, often speaking sweeter than those with healthy teeth. This causes the child to talk rationally and is afraid to communicate with people around him.
In particular, the condition of the tooth can also change the standard teething process of the baby, leading to deviations of the teeth permanently later. The reason is that when the teeth are papillae, prematurely damaged, the benefits will close faster before the teeth permanently grow at this position. When permanent teeth grow, there will be many difficulties, which can grow out of aesthetics and cause pain to the child.
3. What causes your child to have tooth decay
There are many reasons why children have tooth decay, which are:
- Children overeated with sweets, fast food, high-sugar drying and lightened beverages, colored drinks, drinking night milk but not cleaning their teeth before bedtime;
- Minimize tooth enamel production due to lack of months, calcium deficiency, high intake of antibiotics or by daily eating (drinking night milk with high sugar content and strong adhesion, easy fermentation, acid production destroys tooth enamel);
- The baby has a deep jaw or his diet is deprived of calcium, which causes his teeth to hurt;
- Mothers use antibiotics such as Tetracycline, Doxycycline during pregnancy, make the baby's teeth grow poorly, the quality of tooth enamel is poor, the hardness is low, the teeth are vulnerable;
- Improper oral care facilitates bacterial attack and penetration into the enamel, causing tooth decay;
- Children with jaundice also affect tooth enamel.
4. How to prevent and cure baby's tooth soup?
4.1 Proper cleaning of your baby's teeth
When the baby's first tooth papillaes is the time when the mother needs special care for the baby's teeth. Initially, parents can clean their baby's milk teeth with a soft gauze towel every morning early and after each meal. After eating, drink water immediately to wash away food, clean teeth and throat, prevent tooth soup and sore throat for the baby.
When the baby is 2 years old, the teeth are relatively complete, the baby eats a variety of adult food, the teeth need to be taken care of more carefully. Parents should brush their baby's teeth with flour-containing toothpaste to prevent cavities. For children who have a habit of snacking, eating a lot of sweets, parents should brush their children immediately after eating to avoid tooth decay and cavities.
When the child is 3 years old, parents should practice brushing their teeth properly (brushing the teeth vertically from the root of the tooth down, enough 3 sides of the outer teeth – on – at least 2 times in the morning after waking up and in the evening before going to bed).
4.2 Notes on baby menus
In the period when the child is changing milk teeth, teething permanently, parents should strengthen good foods for their baby's teeth (rich in calcium and flour) into the diet such as sea fish, eggs, animal livers, fresh milk,… Carrots are also a food that helps strong teeth, helps quickly when damaged and reduces root bleeding. In addition, parents should also limit their children's use of foods that are not good for oral health such as alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, cold water, confectionery,…
4.3 Pay attention when using medicines
Antibiotics are one of the culprits that cause yellowing of teeth, damage to tooth enamel, change of color of teeth and it is difficult to bleach again. Therefore, to protect the baby's teeth, without a doctor's prescription, it is best not to give the baby antibiotics arbitrarily.
4.4 Elimination of bad habits
To protect children's teeth, parents also pay absolute attention not to bottle-feeding or bottle-feeding when sleeping. At the same time, it is not recommended to feed the child with hard teeth, limit the feeding of candy, drink hot water and eat at night. If your baby has a habit of drinking milk at night, after drinking milk, parents must give him filtered water to rinse his mouth. However, most doctors recommend stopping night feeding when the baby is 8-10 months old. This is because night feeding will give the child sleep disruption, underdeve developed height prone to damage to milk teeth. For children who have a habit of sucking rice, parents need to check their baby's mouth after eating to avoid leftovers attached to the teeth causing tooth decay.
4.5 Take your child for a regular dental exam
It is best for parents to take their child to the dental examination every 3-6 months. For babies who have had their teeth and milk teeth shaken early, parents should take them to a specialist dental – jaw – face examination at reputable hospitals for doctors to accurately diagnose their condition, take necessary measures to avoid the phenomenon of baby teeth growing crowded or deviating later.
Early tooth decay can be prevented if parents pay attention to oral hygiene, maintain scientific lifestyle habits, and give them regular dental check-up.
Children between the ages of 6 months and 3 years are very susceptible to respiratory problems, respiratory infections, skin diseases and gastrointestinal and oral infections… parents should pay special attention to the care and provide adequate nutrition for the child, clean oral hygiene for the prevention of tooth soup. The pediatrics department at Share99 International Health Hub is the address to receive and examine the diseases that babies as well as young children are susceptible to: viral fever, bacterial fever, otitis media, pneumonia in children,… With a system of modern facilities, medical equipment, ionile space, minimizing the impact as well as the risk of spreading diseases, Share99 will bring satisfaction to customers and be highly appreciated by industry experts with:
- Gathering a team of leading doctors in Pediatrics: including leading experts, highly specialized (professors, associate professors, doctors, masters), experienced, used to work at large hospitals such as Bach Mai, 108.. The doctors are well-trained, professional, mind-centered, knowledgeable about the child's psychology. In addition to domestic pediatricians, pediatrics also has the participation of foreign experts (Japan, Singapore, Australia, USA) always pioneering the application of the latest and most effective treatment regimens.
- Comprehensive service: In the field of Pediatrics, Share99 provides a chain of continuous medical examination and treatment services from Newborn to Pediatrics and Vaccines,… according to international standards to take care of your baby's health with parents from birth to adulthood
- In-depth techniques: Share99 has successfully implemented many specialized techniques to make the treatment of difficult diseases in Pediatrics more effective: neurosurgery – skull, hematoma stem cell transplantation in cancer treatment.
- Professional care: In addition to understanding the child's psychology, Share99 also pay special attention to the children's play space, help them play comfortably and get acquainted with the hospital environment, cooperate in treatment, improve the efficiency of medical examination and treatment.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- Milk teething age, permanent teething and teeth replacement in children
- Pulling out milk teeth left over the root of the tooth, how to do it?
- Milk teeth replacement: Should children pull out their own?
- Prevention of oral cavity cancer
- Can a 2-year-old with incising teeth pull out?
- Sources of dental stem cell collection