The article was consulted professionally by Specialist Ii Huynh Thi Hien – Obstetrician and Gynecologist – Obstetrics and Gynecology Department – Share99 Nha Trang International Health Hub.
Bacterial infections during pregnancy are a very common condition in women, the disease causes itching of the closed area, a lot of secretion, abnormal gases,… If a vaginal infection during pregnancy is not treated definitively, it can affect the mother's health and development of the baby.
1. Is bacterial infections during pregnancy dangerous?
Bacterial infections of the vagina are a very common condition in pregnant women, most often in the first 3 months or the last 3 months of pregnancy.
Bacterial vaginal infectionswhen carrying tha i cause vagitis, the maternity will have symptoms such as itching of the vaginal area, burning pain, swelling, white blood more than usual, mucus appears white powders attached to the underpants, bad gas has an unpleasant fishy smell, the body is very tired, uncomfortable, the closed area is sore during interseding or urination.
However, some women have vactisitis during pregnancy but are asymptomatatic, making it difficult to detect the disease and treat it.
2. Causes of bacterial infections
The causes that increase the risk of bacterial infections during this period are:
- An increase in hormone levels and vaginal pH changes cause the yeast system and bacteria living in the vagina to be imbalanced.
- Improper personal hygiene, prolonged use of antibiotics, too deep vaginal dosing
- Unsafe sex, sexually transmitted diseases
Having vatis during pregnancy, will affect the health of the mother and the comprehensive development of the fetus. Depending on the pathogen, the degree of enjoy will be different:
- Causes of candidiasis: Candidiasis is a fungus that has inside the vagina, under normal vaginal pH conditions they are completely harmless. However during pregnancy, vaginal pH changes, the fungus is conditionally proliferation, develops, causes inflammation. Candida vamatitis is not difficult, but it is easy to recur. If treatment is not definitive, the fungus remains during vaginal childbirth, the fungus can cause fungal dermatitis, which is more dangerous that can cause fungal pneumonia in babies.
- Bacterial Vaginosis (BV):This is a very common cause, one in five pregnant women will have BV bacterial vaginosis. Women with the disease will be at risk of amniotic fluid infection, premature amniotic rupture, increased risk of premature birth and miscarriage, post-birth inflammation of the uterus, babies born with a slight weight.
- Causes of gonorrhea:When infected with gonorrhea, the woman will experience symptoms such as itching of the closed area, urinary insightedness, urinary turbidity with pus, severe white blood odor, pain in the lower abdomen. If left without definitive treatment will adversely affect the fetus, the risk of premature birth increases by about 8% compared to non-infected mothers, babies born with low weight due to fetal malnutrition, baby's eyes are at risk of bacterial penetration during vaginal birth causing vision loss , blind.
3. What to do if there is vamatitis during pregnancy?
Some women have vamatitis during pregnancy but the manifestation is not clear, so it is mistaken for a normal sign during pregnancy. Therefore, there are cases, symptoms such as itching of the closed area, bad gas,… but due to subjective or fear of taking therapeutic drugs that will affect the baby, do not go to the doctor. These are misconceptions.
In order for the infection of the vagina during pregnancy not to affect the health of themselves and the baby, mothers need to have regular pregnancy and gynecologic examinations. When the closed area has signs of inflammation that need to be examined in a timely manner, the doctor may prescribe to take the product from vaginal secretion to test for the cause of the disease. Depending on the cause and degree of inflammation, the doctor will choose the appropriate treatment.
The drugs usually prescribed by the doctor are gynecological tablets or topical topical medications. However, during pregnancy, it is necessary to be very careful in using the drug, it is necessary to talk to BS to choose the appropriate treatment pghaps, absolutely need treatment as prescribed by the Doctor.
Proper cleaning of the genitals is also a way to prevent the disease. To avoid bacterial infections during pregnancy, note the following points:
- Before and after sex, the couple needs to clean the genitals..
- Do not soak in pond water or dirty waters, do not bathe for long.
- Absolutely do not self-indentally dosing the vaginal depths because it can cause vaginal damage and hemorrhage of the uterus. Feminine sanitizer and clean water should be used outside the enclosure.
- After going to the bathroom, it is necessary to clean the enclosure with a soft cotton towel
- Choose underwear made from cool, well-absorbent materials, avoid wearing too tight underwear.
- Limit sugar and sweets because it can increase the amount of vaginal secretion, eating a lot of yogurt can help prevent vatis during pregnancy effectively.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- What should pregnant mothers do so that vatis during pregnancy does not affect the fetus?
- Vaginal Probe Ultrasound
- Can vatisitis during pregnancy put the drug Neo-Tergynan?