The article was consulted professionally by Dr. Dang Van France – Head of Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Share99 Da Nang International Health Hub.
Electric ring cervical tip (LEEP) is a very effective treatment for cervical cancer cells. Up to 98% of abnormal cervical cells are removed after the patient does LEEP.
1. What is cervical tip?
Cervical tip is a procedure to remove part of the cone of the cervical to remove damage to the cervical and the entire modified area. Cervical tip is indicated for a variety of reasons, usually for the diagnosis of abnormal changes in the cervical or treatment of cervical lesions when the results of gynecological probes such as: cervical examination, liqui prep or biopsy show that the cells of the cervical are abnormal or suspected.
Cervical tip is essential to:
- Monitor abnormal Pap'smear tests after multiple tests
- Diagnosis of pre-cancerous conditions in the cervical
- Diagnosis of invasive cervical cancer (the cancer develops into the surrounding tissues or spreads beyond the cervical)
- Treatment of pre-cervical cancer, local or stage IA1 cari carathecular cancerof cervical cancer .
2. Steps to remove the tip of the cervical tip
Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure (LEEP).
2.1.Preparation of cervical musses
- The procedure is performed after 01 week of menstrual cleansing, avoiding near menstruation because menstruation affects the area of the cervical tip. This will make it easier for the doctor to take a clean sample. You should also be sure to discuss any medications you are taking such as endormonal drugs… with your doctor.
- Do not use vaginal steering, or vaginal dosing at least 24 hours before the procedure. You should also avoid sex during this time.
- It is not recommended to use drugs that may increase the risk of bleeding such as aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen and warfarin.
- Fast at least 8 hours before the procedure.
- This procedure usually takes about 1 hour at the hospital. You can be given local anesthesia during the procedure or general anesthesia (sleep and painless) or give mild analgesic to help relax. And you can go home after an average of 2 hours. Re-examination after 01 week, with good results you check every 06 months.
- After the procedure your doctor will prescribe you a prescription of antibiotics and sanitation solution, along with guidance on home care and re-examination.
- You may have mild bleeding after surgery, so you should bring some lining. Have friends or relatives take you home after surgery, especially if you have a full body anesthesia
2.2. Implementation procedure
- After going to the bathroom.
- Located on the gynecologic examination table with two highly prescribed legs.
- The doctor will disinfect the external genitals and place a tool (duck beak) in the vagina to see the cervical more clearly along with the bright brother of the examination lamp.
- Use an electric ring (LEEP) to remove a small tip pattern from the cervical. With the electric ring can hemuck the hematoma of the newly cut position, or can use a laser beam to prevent bleeding. On average, this procedure only takes about a few minutes.
- The sample of the removed tissue is sent to the histoth specimen laboratory for examination under a microscope for signs of cancer (Diagnosis). This method is also a treatment if the doctor wants to remove all previously detected disease tissue.
Attention while performing LEEP:
- You feel throbbing pain, then smoldering pain or even cramps.
- Maybe you want to pass out during LEEP. In that case, inform the surgeon immediately.
2.3. What happens after leep implementation?
After completing the cervical tip procedure,the following signs may appear:
- Leaks out liquid, pale pink secreties
- Mild cramps
- Secretion of black-brown fluid (from peeling scars on the cervical)
In order for your cervical to heal, it can take up to 04 weeks. In the process of cervical healing, you should not put anything in the vagina, such as tampons or vaginal doe dosing. In addition, you should not have intersed during the wound recovery period. You can talk to your doctor about when it's safe to do it again.
Note, you should go to the hospital as soon as any of the following symptoms are detected:
- Bleed more (more than your normal menstruation)
- Bleeding with blood clots
- Severe abdominal pain.
2.4. Post-LEEP Complications
- Local infections
- In rare cases, the cervical is narrowed after the LEEP procedure. And can cause menstrual disorders (Menstrual deadlock), which affects the menstrual cycle of women.
- In the long run, when the pregnancy returns, there may be a cleft cervical waist causing premature birth, premature labor..
To minimize the risk of complications, patients need to follow safety measures when monitoring and caring for themselves after doing LEEP. This also helps the cervical wound quickly recover and limit the later effects.
3. Re-examination after cervical musity
After the procedure, you will have to see a doctor after 01 week and if normal will have a regular gynecologic examination every 06 months. You will be given cervical cancer screening tests again to make sure all abnormal cells have completely disappeared and make sure not to return. If abnormal cervical tissue is detected, patients are likely to receive further active treatment.
Cervical cancer is a very common pathology in gynecologic diseases. However, there is now a method of removing the tip of the cervical tip with an electric ring (LEEP), patients can be completely assured with the advantages of ease of use, low cost, good hetic hetices and especially the ability to remove cervical cancer cells very effectively.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- Note during post-cervical reconstruction
- When is cervical tip cut in order and how is it done?
- Post-cervical monitoring and care