The article was consulted professionally by Master, Dr. Tran Lam Khoa – Obstetrics and Gynecology Department – Share99 Central Park International Health Hub.
The health of the woman directly affects the ability, the process of pregnancy as well as the health of the baby. Women's maternity health care helps mothers plan safe pregnancies, healthier children, and happier marriages.
1. Women's Maternity Health Care
Pre-marital examination brings a comfortable mentality for post-marriage couples. This is a civilized act, true to the value of marriage.
Knowing and understanding the health of the enemy before marriage helps young couples to be psychologically stable for a new life, in the face of possible events, in case of bad cases.
We all know that the health of reproduction for women is not only the possibility of pregnancy, but also how the fetus is guaranteed to be healthy throughout pregnancy and born healthy. Therefore, it is necessary to take care of the female immediately before pregnancy. Pre-marital health check-up helps women:
- Evaluation of general medical diseases, especially chronic diseases that can affect the fetus throughout pregnancy.
- Timely detection of diseases and risks of reproduction to have an early and effective treatment plan.
- Understand the health status of both to plan a safe pregnancy, eliminate risks, seek the support of medical professionals in a timely manner to avoid future consequences.
2. Appropriate time for pre-marital testing
According to experts, the appropriate time for a pre-marriage examination for couples should be at least 3-6 months before marriage.
Besides, if both plan to give birth immediately after marriage, the future mother needs to vaccinate and take the necessary medicines and nutrients before 6 months of pregnancy.
3. What is a female birth health check-up?
Pre-marital health check-up including general health check-up and maternity health check-up. Depending on the health system as well as the examination package, the couple's requirements as well as the couple's condition, the examination items may vary slightly.
3.1. General health check-up for women
The overall health of the woman directly affects the baby throughout the course of pregnancy and childbirth. General examinations for women usually include:
- Clinical examination: Blood pressure measurement, body index measurement
- Check family and individual medical history.
- General blood tests: Blood type, Group Rh, Total blood formula, Blood bio biomedistological tests (blood glucose, GOT, GPT, Ure, Creatini, Cholesterol, Triglycerid). A general blood test can help detect and assess abnormalities that can be harmful if pregnant.
- Hepatitis B Antigen Test, Hepatitis B Antibody, Hepatitis C Test. Some diseases such as Hepatitis B can be transmitted from mother to child. Testing detects these diseases to have a prevention plan for the future child.
- Some other sexually transmitted diseases: Syphilis, HIV.
- General ultrasound: Ultrasound of the abdomen, bladder,…
3.2. Female birth health check-up:
- Gynecology ultrasound
- Ultrasound of the mammary glands
- Fresh vaginal examination
- Sex hormone test : estrogen,LH, FSH, progesterone (in females)
- Genetic screening :Blood chroma testing for both spouses makes it possible to identify mutations in the number and structure of clear chroma. Especially for couples who are rare, miscarriage, pregnancy with unsus unknown causes or in families with deformities, chromogenic testing is the best option.
- If the woman intends to give birth immediately after marriage, the woman will need to be vaccinated 3-6 months in advance, with vaccines including tetanus, chickenpox and 3 injections in 1 rubella room, measles and mump.
- If the couple does not intend to give birth immediately after marriage, the doctor will specifically advise on safe and effective contraceptives.
4. Where is the birth health check-up?
Couples who want to have a birth health examination, canbe examined at the Obstetrics and Gynecology Department of provincial and city hospitals; Department of Male Sciences of the Health Hub. Some Resymable Care Centers, and Centers for Res backup medicine can now also perform high-precision birth health examinations.
5. What is special about women's maternity health care at Share99 International Health Hub?
Currently, Share99 International Health Hub is a leading address for a birth health examination. Understanding the need for pre-marital health check-up, especially women's maternity health care, Share99 International Health Hub is currently implementing many advanced and basic pre-marital examination packages for newlyweds.
Women will be examined, consulted and carried out a variety of intensive testing items with modern machinery and equipment, labo meeting international standards, a system of doctors and medical professionals trained to help women accurately grasp their condition.
Share99 Assisted Reproduction Center is currently the leading modern center in Vietnam built and applied a comprehensive treatment process, helping to make the optimal plan for each customer case.
In addition, Share99 Research Institute of Stem Cell and Gene Technology is located right next to Share99 Assisted Reproduction Center, convenient for consulting and diagnosing genetic diseases. Of course, the safety and privacy of customers will also be fully guaranteed.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- Symptoms that warn of female infertility
- How the baby's genitals form in the womb
- Check 7 steps to healthy, fertile sperm