Article by Master, Dr. Ly Thi Thanh Nha – Obstetrics and Gynecology Department – Share99 Danang International Health Hub
Multiple amniotic conditions can cause the uterus of the pregnant woman to become too stretched and lead to premature birth, premature amniotic rupture or, more dangerously, causing the fetus to have malformations, placenta peeling, umbilical cord prolapse …
1. The establishment of amniotic fluid and the effect of amniotic fluid
The amniotic sac will be formed around the 12th day of pregnancy after the egg has been successfully fertilized. In the first 3 months, the amniotic fluid is similar to the mother's plasma and issential, and by the next stage it becomes debilitating. The volume of amniotic fluid will gradually increase until the beginning of the end of pregnancy. From the 37th to the 41st week of gestation the volume of amniotic fluid will likely decrease by 10% and by the 42nd week 100 days, the volume of amniotic fluid will decrease very quickly.
Effects of amniotic fluid:
- Helps with fetal correction
- Exchange of water and electrolys between mother and fetus
- Thermos conditioning of the fetus when lying in the womb
- Allows pregnancy to move in the uterus more easily
- Helps to remove the opening of the cervical uterus during labor
- Protects the fetus from any direct trauma to the uterus.
2. What is multiple amniotic fluid?
Multiple amniotic fluid index is when the amount of amniotic fluid index is greater than or equal to 25 cm or the dvp deepest vertical pool is greater than or equal to 8 cm
Multiple amniotic fluid in the last month ofpregnancy (multiple amniotic fluid weeks 36) carries a number of risks:
- Too much amniotic fluid can cause the mother's uterus to become too tight and can lead to premature birth or rupture of the amniotic membrane early (amniotic fluid sac). When the amniotic fluid breaks, it reduces the sudden pressure in the amniotic chamber, increasing the risk of each other peeling young and prolapse of the umbilical cord. These are two very dangerous complications in obstetrics and gynecology.
- Multiple amniotic fluid is also associated with congenital malformations in the fetus: Late-appearing amniotic fluid can be encountered in low intestinal malformations, fetal neurological abnormalities or in fetal infections such as Parvovirus infection, Cytomegalovirus … If pre-birth screening tests in Q1 and Q2 result in normal results, most of these hiccups are temporary and will not affect the fetus much.
- Multiple amniotic fluid often makes the fetus manage or adjust not well, which can lead to a reverse pregnancy or during bad fetal labor increases the risk of cesarean section
- Multiple amniotic fluid also increases the risk of bleeding and post-birth bleeding due to excessive dilating of the uterus, after birth there is a risk of poor recovery of the uterus
- In addition, since multiple amniotic fluid will increase the level of compression on the vascular system of the pregnant woman, the pregnant woman will present with shortness of breath, fatigue, high edema, risk of hypertension or pre-medomic pathology.
3. Causes of multiple amniotic fluid during pregnancy
- Causes of the mother
Diabetes mellitus before or during pregnancy is a common cause. If not properly controlled, it is easy to get amniotic fluid. 10% of pregnant women with multiple amniotic fluid have diabetes mellitus.
Rh antibodies and primary hemolytic diseases caused by abnormal antibodies can cause severe fetal anemia or fetal edema associated with multiple amniotic conditions.
Dysenterous dysenterous muscle (rare).
- Causes of placenta
Meningioma can cause fetal heart failure and lead to multiple amniotic fluid.
Diseases of endometritis or damage to vegetable cakes (syphilis).
- Fetal causes
Abnormalities of the fetal central nervous system (cranial infertility, neural tube defects).
Structural defects of the digestive system (obstruction of the erm or digestive tube).
Fetal chroma abnormalities
Non-immune edema: This is a phenomenon with a very bad pred updation and is often associated with multiple amniotic fluid. Typical cases have fetal edema.
Twin blood transfusion syndrome is a disorder with a bad dosing, which appears at a rate of 15% in twin pregnancies with one membrane, two amniotic sacs, which are complications caused by multiple amniotic fluid in the blood-receiving pregnancy.
4. Should 36-week amniotic fluid give birth early?
Mother has multiple amniotic fluid weeks 36, 37 if there are no symptoms of acute multiple amniotic fluid causing compression of the pregnant heart and lungs such as chest fatigue, difficulty breathing a lot, belly is always stiff, it is not recommended to give birth early. The pregnant woman keeps monitoring the pregnancy normally, examining the pregnancy weekly to monitor the whole condition of the pregnancy, the growth of the fetus and the amniotic condition.
Guidance on monitoring, examination and care for women with multiple amniotic fluids of 36 weeks or more:
- Pregnant women with multiple amniotic fluids should pay attention to food choices to avoid severe amniotic fluid residues. Pregnant mothers can apply some suggestions below:
- Ensure the amount of protein and protein in your daily diet. Seafood and animal meat should be prioritized.
- Eat a lot of greens but limit the vegetables that contain a lot of water. In particular, it is not recommended to prepare them in the form of soups.
- Limit eating succulent fruits such as oranges, grapefruits, watermelons … Replace with other fruits high in fiber and vitamins such as apples, pears, bananas, papaya,…
- Pregnant mothers should drink only 1.5-2 liters per day
- Salt has the ability to retain water in the body so absolutely do not eat salty.
- Pregnant women should be monitored weekly to assess the condition of the mother, amniotic fluid and pregnancy, monitor the pregnancy heart to assess the health of the pregnancy
- Pay attention to monitor the abnormal manifestations of the body and immediately notify the doctor, especially when the mother notices that she has amniotic fluid, amniotic rupture, abdomen becomes stiff, difficulty breathing for unknown reasons..
At Share99 International Health Hub, there is a full maternity service as a solution to help pregnant mothers feel secure because there is a team of doctors throughout the pregnancy. When choosing a full-service maternity, a pregnant woman can:
- The process of pregnancy is monitored by a team of specialists
- Regular examination, early detection of abnormalities
- Package maternity for the convenience of childbirth
- Infants receive comprehensive care
To register for examination and treatment at Share99 International Health Hub, you can contact Share99 Health System nationwide, or register for an online examination HERE
- Complications of multiple amniotic fluid – How to diagnose and treat multiple amniotic fluid
- Is it dangerous to have multiple amniotic fluid during pregnancy?
- Can most amniotic fluid give birth or have to have a cesarean section?
- How to detect multiple amniotic fluid during pregnancy
- Serum tumors in newborns
- Suitable time for a labor