The article was consulted professionally by Master, Dr Thai Bang – Head of Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Share99 Nha Trang International Health Hub.
Depending on the condition of uterine fibroids and wishes, the patient's aspirations are that the doctor can choose the appropriate treatment, in which the last option is a removal of the uterus.
1. Targets for the treatment of uterine fibroids
- Reduce the size of fibroids.
- Relieves symptoms such as pain, abnormal uterine hemorrhage, symptoms caused by fibroids.
Currently there are many treatments for uterine fibroids, the doctor will choose how to intervene depending on the condition and condition of the patient based on the following factors:
- Size and location of fibroids: large or small, where it is located.
- Accompanying symptoms: pain, bleeding, compression, infertility.
- Patient's aspirations:the desire to preserve the uterus, cost, side effects ….
2. How to treat uterine fibroids?
2.1. Home treatment by natural methods
Some home treatments and natural methods can have a positive effect on mildly presenting uterine fibroids such as acupuncture, yoga, massage, herbal remedies, hot compresses when suffering from dysolic pain.
In addition, dietary changes also bring positive results, by limiting the use of meats and energy-rich foods, increasing the diet of tuna, salmon and foods high in flavonoids such as greens, green tea ….
Patients also need to limit stress and lose weight if they are overweight or obese.
2.2. Drug treatment
Doctors may prescribe medications to patients to regulate body hormone levels, reducing uterine fibroids. Gonadotropin-releasing hormones (GnRH) such as leuprolide (Lupron) will help lower estrogen and progesterone levels, causing uterine fibroids and blood ice to decrease.
In addition, your doctor may take medications or other methods that control excessive bleeding and severe pain caused by uterine fibroids such as:
- Take over-the-counter painkillers such as ibuprofen;
- Put the contraceptive device in the uterus to release the hormone progestin;
- Take contraceptive pills.
2.3. Surgical treatment
If you have too large uterine fibroids or at the same time many tumors are growing, your doctor may prescribe a fibroid removal surgery. There are 2 forms of surgery:
- Open surgery: The doctor incisions a line on the abdomen so that access to the uterus and removal of fibroids;
- Laparoscopic surgery: The surgical instrument is inserted through a small incision on the abdomen and the removal of the tumor is carried out.
After surgery, uterine fibroids can continue to grow again. If the condition deteriorates or there are no appropriate treatments left, the doctor may prescribe a removal of the uterus. At this time, the person can no longer get pregnant and give birth.
3. Procedure to remove less invasive fibroids
Some of the procedures for removing less invasive fibroids used include:
3.1. Converged Ultrasonic Waves
This is a new and non-invasive procedure, using high-frequency ultrasound waves to remove or destroy fibroids while preserving the uterus.
3.2. Destruction of fibroids
During the endoscopy, the doctor uses an electric current or laser to destroy the fibroid and contract the blood vessels that supply the tumor. In addition, cryomyolysis method using liquid nitrogen to clot tumors also brings good effect. However, the safety berries and associated risks of this treatment have not yet been specifically determined.
3.3. Endometrial retriosis
The surgeon inserts the instrument into the uterus, using heat, microwave energy, hot water or electric current to destroy the lining of the uterus. Endometrial removal helps prevent blood ice effectively.
3.4. Embolism of the uterus artery
Embolism of the uterus artery, also known as the vascular node. This procedure cuts off the blood supply to the fibroids, causing them to atrophy and thereby relieve the symptoms of the disease. This procedure does not cause incisions, so the recovery time is fast.
4. Where is the surgery to treat uterine fibroids?
Currently, Share99 Nha Trang International Health Hub has introduced laparoscopic surgery for uterine fibroids in the treatment of uterine fibroids. This method achieves a therapeutic effect of over 95%, which is rated as an advanced, modern, safe method for patients. After surgery, the patient recovers quickly and does not leave any evidence. The technique is carried out by a team of experienced doctors of Share99 Nha Trang.
For direct advice, please dial 02583900168 or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- Should you eat pineapple with uterine fibroids?
- Permanent "liberation" from bedridden headache after brain aneurysm node
- Is it possible to become pregnant after endometrial removal?