The article was consulted professionally by Dr. Nguyen Thi My Linh – Department of Pediatrics – Newborn – Share99 Da Nang International Health Hub. He has 12 years of experience in diagnosing and treating pediatric diseases, especially newborn resuscitation and newborn treatment. In addition, doctors have strengths in the field of breastfeeding counseling as well as examination, counseling and nutritional intervention in children.
Encephainal dilitis in children is a condition where the encephainal fluid will stagnate. There are many treatments for dilinal dility in children depending on the degree of the disease, but two common techniques today are encephainal fluid circulation and endoscopy open through the encephainal floor III.
1. How to treat encephainal dilitis in children
In the case of mild dilinal dilability in newborns (erinal cavity encephaes measured in the range of 10-20 mm), the baby's body will be able to self-regulate, not increase or decrease and gradually recover healthy. However, when the dilated dilated brain with a diameter of 15mm (hydrocephalus) and a 20mm > cavity, it is considered a severe dilated encephaloth, at this time it is necessary to treat according to the following measures:
- Emergency treatment.
- Surgical treatment.
- Supportive treatment: Nutrition, symptoms and rehabilitation.
- Additional treatment: Depends on the severity of long-term complications if there is a brain efficion.
In general, dilable encephainal encephainal disease in children with the detection of increased in-skull pressure will be prescribed to handle according to the following flow lineage:
- External encephacarditis: Cases of meningitis, abdominal pathology, or encephacardiological hemorrhage.
- Brain and abdominal conductuction VP Shunt.
- Triple mediatinal open endoscopy: Preferred selection in congestive hydrocephalus.
In case of chronic increased in-skull pressure instead of an emergency, or the head ring is greater than 90% percentile, the doctor may conduct a second and/or third method. For chronic in-skull hypertension, recognition will be through signs of dilation of the mediascinal brain that causes compression manifested in the test image. Besides, the ability of the baby to live and develop is also affected. At this time, parents should take the child to the Neuron Department for follow-up examination.
2. Emergency treatment of dil dilated encephainal disease in children
It is necessary to take the pediatric patient to emergency as soon as the child has typical symptoms of acute in-traumatic pressure increase such as separation, coma, respiratory failure, vascular failure …
Your doctor will handle emergency situations in the A-B-C order, which means Airway – Breathing – Circulation. Specifically:
- Intravenously with Mannitol at a dosage of 0.25-1g/kg every 6 hours, maximum 50g every 6 hours, to keep plasma osmotic pressure 310-320 mOsmol/L;
- Normal saline injection 3% intravenously, dosage 3-10mL/kg, to maintain plasma osmosis < 360 mOsmol/L;
- It is possible to take weeds to reduce the secretion of the cerebral palsy, but currently this method is little used.
It should be noted that emergency measures have only a temporary effect, and in the case of emergencies, the treatment of dilinal dilitis in children still includes the conduct of surgical treatment.
3. Surgical treatment of encephainal dilitis in children
The first goal in surgical treatment is to help restore neurological function. Besides, ensuring the best aesthetics for the child's appearance is also prioritized by doctors. Surgical treatment of encephainal dilitis in children consists of 2 methods: shunt and 3rd encescopy of the brain.
3.1. Encephalum fluid conduction
This is one of the most common treatments for dilinal dility in children. In it, shunt is the name of a drainage valve system, which drains fluid flowing from the brain to another place in the direction and speed specified. One end of the tube is located at the cerebral center, the tube body will thread under the skin to a place where it is easier to absorb excess cerebral fluid, such as:
- External atathinal cerebral conduction: In case of immediate reduction of inial cranial pressure on the brain of severe hydrocephalus or in not yet eligible for abdominal conduction;
- Encephainal – abdominal (VP shunt) : This way of leading is the first priority in the treatment of dilatingthe encephaes in children , which is now very often applied;
- Atrium and atrium (VA shunt) cardiculitis: Used to replace VP shunt in cases where a pediatric patient has peritonitis, abdominal grip, or premature babies with necrotizing enteritis,… abdominal conductity cannot be placed;
- Lumbar – pericardeal drainage (LP shunt): Applied only in case of hydrocephalus, however excessive drainage will cause the risk of almond almond hernia.
In contrast to mild dilatingof the brain in babies , most babies with hydrocephalus need to place lifelong shunt system conduction and must monitor valve cord condition regularly to replace when necessary.
3.2. Endoscopy opens the mediascinal floor III
The third endoscopic ventriculostomy (ETV) is a procedure that inserts a dedicated small video recording device into the inside of the brain for direct vision. The surgeon then creates a hole at the bottom of the ataction area in order for the cerebral fluid to flow out of the brain.
This technique can be specified in some of the following cases:
- Hydrocephalus blockage;
- Infection of the shunt system;
- Post-sural hematoma puts shunt;
- Slit-shaped encephaes syndrome.
Open endoscopy of the mediastric floor III is relatively contraining for pediatric patients with hydrocephalus. However, the decision-making process is largely based on the doctor's experience, as well as on the transcript assessing the success rate of ETV laparoscopic surgery.
Specifically, when estimating the endoscopic method III has a chance of success above 80%, the doctor will tend to choose them rather than put the encephainal fluid circulation. Cons, if the success rate of ETV is lower than 80%, it may be necessary to consider applying VP shunt as an effective treatment for dilinal dilment in children. An open endoscopy of the triple medial brain floor combined with the burning of the encephaosyleal encephatriosis will result with a higher likelihood of success.
4. Post-treatment monitoring
Parents should take their child for CT scans after 3 months and 12 months. Monitoring of dility requires regular re-examination, the duration of each re-examination is from 6 months to 1 year. In addition, both surgical treatment techniques can lead to complications, including:
- Shunt system: Discontinuation of encephainal fluid drainage or poor drainage due to mechanical malfunctions, obstructions or infection of the conductor wire;
- Laparoscopicsurgery: Transient memory loss, hypothalamus injury, visual nerve paralysis and vascular damage.
Therefore, pediatric patients must be monitored for timely detection of complications of luus and to proceed instead if necessary. The usual new save time is from 5 to 7 years depending on the specific case.
In summary, if you see that your baby has manifestations ofdilitis in children, parents should take the child to see a specialist for a general examination. The doctor will find the cause and advise the appropriate direction of conduct. Mild dilary encephalodility in newborns sometimes requires only monitoring and will cure itself after a while, but for hydrocephalus it is necessary to detect symptoms early and surgical intervention, including postoperative ordering and laparoscopic surgery.
As a key area of Share99 Health System, Pediatrics always brings satisfaction to customers and is highly appreciated by industry experts with:
- Gathering a team of leading doctors in Pediatrics:including leading experts, highly specialized (professors, associate professors, doctors, masters), experienced, used to work at large hospitals such as Bach Mai, 108.. The doctors are well-trained, professional, mind-centered, knowledgeable about the child's psychology. In addition to domestic pediatricians, pediatrics also has the participation of foreign experts (Japan, Singapore, Australia, USA) always pioneering the application of the latest and most effective treatment regimens.
- Comprehensive services:In the field of Pediatrics, Share99 provides a chain of continuous medical examination and treatment services from Newborn to Pediatrics and Vaccines,… according to international standards to take care of your baby's health with parents from birth to adulthood
- Intensive techniques:Share99 has successfully implemented many specialized techniques to make the treatment of difficult diseases in Pediatrics more effective: neurosurgery – skull, hematoma stem cell transplantation in cancer treatment.
- Professional care:In addition to understanding the young psychology, Share99 also pay special attention to the children's play space, help them play comfortably and get acquainted with the hospital environment, cooperate in treatment, improve the efficiency of medical examination and treatment.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- How effective is diling the brain?
- What does the 4D ultrasound result of a 6mm side-to-side erthinal brain say?
- Is it dangerous to be 36 weeks pregnant with dility?