Forgetting to take the contraceptive pill daily is very common. If women forget to take the contraceptive pill daily for 1 day to 3 days, it is possible to take supplements as prescribed without being too worried.
1. Features of oral contraceptive tablets
Oral contraceptive tablets are usually produced in the form of closing each blister used for one month. The active component of the drug is synthetic hormones, like those secreted by the body to regulate the menstrual cycle.
There are 2 types of blisters:
- The blister has 28 members: take one a day, use up one blister and another. This is a more commonly used form. Because taking the pill every day becomes a habit, it is recommended to minimize the forgetfulness of daily contraceptive pills in women.
- Blister has 21 members:take one one a day, use up the blister for 7 days and then drink another blister.
There are two types of oral contraceptive pills:
Combined contraceptives: Combined capsules contain estrogen and progrestin, which act by inhibiting ovulation, making the endo endo <3>ea not adapted to the nesting of eggs, densely constriction of the cervical. As a result, prevent men's sperm from entering during unsuspassed sex.
Mere contraceptive pill
As progestin-only tablets, there is no estrogen: also capable of preventing ovulation, but mainly the effect of thinning the lining of the uterus and densely constriing the erm in the cervical; hindering the nesting of eggs and preventing sperm from entering the uterus.
The contraceptive pill is merely not as effective as the combined contraceptive pill. However, this is a good contraceptive pill for women who are contraceptive while breastfeeding because the hormones of the woman who is breastfeeding have a somewhat inhibitory effect on ovulation, so the drug is still highly effective without affecting lactation.
If the woman is sensitive to estrogen or has side effects of the contraceptive pill that makes it uncomfortable, it is possible to take the contraceptive pill alone. However, the contraceptive effect is only about 88%.
When there is a desire for pregnancy, it is necessary to stop using the contraceptive pill daily and it is advisable to learn about the development of the fetus through each stage in order to be able to better care for the pregnancy:
2. How to take the contraceptive pill daily
For effective contraception, the woman should take the combined type of contraceptive pill, type 28 tablets, which begins to take the pill on the first day of the menstrual cycle as best. The principle is to ensure the taking of the drug one tablet a day, taken at a certain hour.
- It is possible to drink at any time within the first 5 days of the menstrual cycle if the woman has menstruation evenly or within 7 days after menstruation but must avoid not having sex or having to use another protective measure for another 7 days afterwards.
- The drug can be used immediately or within 7 days after abortion or after 3 weeks of childbirth.
- For the 28-tablet blister, take the pill seamlessly, running out of blisters to another until there is no need for contraception anymore.
- For the 21-tablet blister, take the pill in the order of the arrow printed on the blister, run out of blisters, take 7 days off and then take another blister.
3. Handling when forgetting to take oral contraceptives
During the use of the contraceptive pill, the woman may forget to take the contraceptive pill daily for 1 day or 2 to 3 days. In this case, it is necessary to handle in accordance with the following principles:
- If you forget to take 1 tablet, remember to take it immediately; after oral instability on regular drinking time. Within the next 48 hours, it is advisable to avoid sex or if there is sex, use a condom. Then continue drinking the blister as usual.
- If you forget to take 2tablets, immediately take 2 pills 12 hours apart as soon as you remember; the next member to drink at the usual prescribed drinking time. If you have sex, you should use a condom until you have taken all the blisters.
- If you forget to take 3tablets, remove the blister you are taking; avoid sex or use a condom during sex, wait until menstruation returns and start taking a new blister. This situation is considered to be the beginning of the drug, the first 7 days the drug has not worked, so it is necessary to avoid sex, if there is sex, other supportive measures such as condoms or vaginal diaphragm must be used.
4. Side effects that may be encountered when taking medications
Taking many pills continuously can cause nausea, headaches. When there are side effects such as vomiting, diarrhea occurs within the first 4 hours after taking the drug, it is necessary to continue drinking as usual, and at the same time take supportive contraceptives for 7 days after stopping vomiting, diarrhea. Common side effects are not harmful but unpleasant, will fade away. If these symptoms cause a lot of discomfort, you should see a doctor for medication.
As such, the usual contraceptive pill that wants to be effective must remember to take it every day at a certain hour. Women should leave the blister in private but often have contact in their daily activities to remind them to take the medicine, avoid neglect. When forgetting to take the drug, it is necessary to handle it promptly according to the instructions above.
In addition, to minimize drug forgetfulness, women can use contraceptives that do not need to be remembered, or taken every day, such as placing a contraceptive ring, implanting a contraceptive stick,… Contraceptive implants now have many outstanding advantages, only need to be implanted once and work for about 3-5 years, no need to keep in mind every day. This is especially good for busy women, the unstable rhythm of life leads to or forgets the drug.
If you do not intend to get pregnant and want the best health and psychology to get pregnant, you need to pay attention to protect your birth health in the first place by gynecology examination, maternity health according to your doctor's appointment. When intending to become pregnant, in order to prepare a healthy pregnancy, both spouses should have a birth health check 3-5 months before pregnancy. Accordingly, the mother needs to carry out vaccinations, especially to prevent rubella because rubella during pregnancy is extremely dangerous. Besides, the mother should also perform screening for heredity, sexually transmitted diseases to avoid infecting her child.
Share99 currently has many comprehensive health care programs for couples, pregnant mothers and fetuses, including basic pre-marital examination packages, advanced pre-marital examination packages,package maternity programs. In addition, to improve the quality of service, Share99 also integrates vaccination programs before and during pregnancy for pregnant mothers. Mothers can rest assured from the planning of pregnancy to the day the healthy fetus is born.
In particular, Share99 also has a team of experienced doctors in the field of obstetrics and gynecology, IVF, stem cells, Genetechnology, capable of deploying comprehensively and comprehensively the most advanced assisted reproduction techniques today.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- Instructions for proper use of condoms for women
- How long can the ring be placed after cesarean section?
- How long can the contraceptive ring be removed?