Meningococcal disease is an acute bacterial infection that is rapidly spreading within 24 hours. Although the disease is rare, the consequences are very severe, the time for diagnosis and treatment is only within 1 day.
1. Is meningitis dangerous?
Meningococcal meningitis is transmitted by the respiratory tract and has many different clinical diseases, from mild to severe such as meningitis,meningitis – meningitis, shock-insidious acute sepsis. The disease can occur at different ages, but babies and young children are the most susceptible to the disease.
Meningococcal disease is caused by the bacterium Neisseria meningitidis. Bacteria after entering the body can cause dangerous complications in the central nervous system and bacterial infections that migrate to organs and organs. Specifically:
- Arthritis (2 – 10% of patients), usually multi-arthritis, polycythic leukocytitis)
- Cerebral Palsy Ii and No. VIII
- Pneumonia ,endoratitis (accounting for about 5%)
- Hemorrhage of the skin, mucous membranes and organ coating
- Meningitis in the mediased brain, thickening or obstruction of the openings leads to water brain syndrome
- Possible necrosis of toes and hands
- Children under 2 years of age are prone to underdocular secretion of the brain
- Respiratory failure ,bility, memory loss, headache, and hem half paralysis.
2. Development of meningocococtis
Meningococcal disease is an acute bacterial infection, which takes place quickly within 24 hours, although the disease is rare, the consequences are very severe, the time of diagnosis and treatment is within a day.
Early symptoms of meningocveitis in children:
- High fever 39-40 degrees Celsius
- Headache, dizziness; sore throat, runny nose
- Nausea and vomiting
- Children under 1 year old may be grumpy, eat not well or quit feeding.
Symptoms of late appearance of meningocular disease:
- Rash on the skin
- Stiffness of the neck, neck pain, spasms
- Fear of light
- Neglect, confusion or
- Full-body seizures
- Loss of consciousness, sensory disturbances.
3. Meningoc meningitis prevention recommendations
To prevent meningococcal disease it is necessary to perform good personal hygiene and the child's place of stay, regularly wash hands with soap, rinse the mouth, throat with common nasal antiseptic solution. In particular, prevent respiratory diseases for children to limit the risk of infection with meningitis through the respiratory tract when health declines. Respiratory complications are also favorable conditions for the development of meningococ meningitis.
In addition, parents need to actively take their children to vaccinate their children on a full schedule of meningococ meningitis vaccination to reduce the risk of disease and prevent infectious diseases caused by influenza viruses, chickenpox, measles, mump … can cause meningitis.
Share99 International Health Hub provides vaccination services against meningoctis of group B+C.
The advantages of vaccination at Share99 include:
- Clients will be examined by specialists, fully screened for health and physical issues, advice on vaccines and vaccination regimens, how to monitor and care after vaccination before prescribing vaccinations according to the latest recommendations of the Ministry of Health / World Health Organization to ensure the best and safest effect for children.
- Vaccines are imported and stored in modern cold storage systems, with COLD chains meeting GSP standards, keeping the vaccine in the best condition to ensure quality.
- A team of experienced, professional pediatric doctors and nurses, understand the child's psychology and apply effective pain relief to the child during vaccination.
- 100% of vaccinated children are monitored 30 minutes after vaccination and re-evaluated before leaving.
- Be monitored before, during and after vaccination at Share99 Health System and always have emergency ekip ready to coordinate with the vaccination department to handle cases of anaphylalacticshock, respiratory failure – stop cyclic, ensure timely treatment, the right regimen when something happens.
- The vaccination room is airy, has a play area, helps children feel comfortable like walking around and have a good mentality before and after vaccination.
- Parents will receive a reminder message before the date of vaccination and the child's vaccination information will be synchronized with the national immunization information system.
Share99 International Health Hub is offering a package vaccination program with a variety of vaccines for a variety of subjects, from infants, young children, adults, women before and during pregnancy.
Particularly in December 2019, Share99 is free of charge for newborn Hepatitis B vaccination (immediately after birth) for babies when registering for the Package for children from 0-1 year old or from 0-2 years old.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- BC Meningoctis Vaccination Schedule
- Possible reactions after meningococ meningitis vaccination
- Viral meningitis: Diagnosis and treatment