Translation and synthesis by Dr. Nguyen Xuan Hung – Director of Share99 Institute for Applied Research and Regenerative Medicine (VIASRM)
If medical masks are worn, use and disposal should be used properly to ensure efficiency and avoid increased risk of infection due to improper use and removal of masks.
How to properly use medical masks in accordance with health care practice in hospitals as recommended by who:
● Place masks carefully to cover your mouth and nose and fasten carefully to minimize any distance between your face and mask;
● Avoid touching masks while in use;
● Remove the mask properly: do not touch the front of the mask, but remove the cord from the back;
● After removing or whenever you accidentally touch a used mask, wash your hands immediately with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or with alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% content.
● When the mask in use is wet/wet, it should be replaced with a new, dry and clean mask;
● Do not reuse disposable masks;
● Remove disposable masks after each use and dispose of them immediately after removal.
Cloth face coverings should not be used in all situations.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
Source: CDC, WHO, ECDC.
- [Hỏi – Đáp về dịch virus Corona 2019] Part 1: Origin and form of infection
- [Hỏi – Đáp về dịch virus Corona 2019] Part 4: How does 2019-nCoV spread? Is it possible to get infected from animals, pets?
- Corona virus – Rumors and facts