Dengue fever is an infectious disease caused by the Dengue virus. The cause of dengue is the Aedes zebra mosquito that transmits the virus from a sick person to a healthy person. People with dengue can have very severe aches and pains in the muscles and joints.
1. How does dengue manifest it?
Dengue virus haemorrhagic fever with 4 different types: D1, D2, D3 and D4. In theory, a person can get the disease up to 4 times due to the disease, the body is immune to the pathogenic type but cannot be immune to other types of viruses. Dengue fever occurs all year round, usually increasing in the rainy season (July – October), the disease can occur in both children and people. If not diagnosed and treated in a timely manner, dengue can lead to severe bleeding, sudden hypotensive and death.
Currently there is no vaccine to prevent dengue as well as specific treatment drugs, the treatment is mainly aimed at reducing symptoms and monitoring disease progress.
Manifestations of skin haemorrhagic fever include:
Classical haemorrhagic fever (mild): Mild, dengue present with fever and will last for 4-7 days from infection with symptoms such as:
- High fever, up to 40.5 degrees Celsius.
- Severe headaches
- Aches and pains,joint and muscle pain.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Pain behind the eyes.
- Rash 3-4 days, then remission after 1-2 days.
Haemorrhagic fever with bleeding:
Symptoms of dengue of this form include symptoms of classical dengue, along with damage to the lymphatic capillaries, blood vessels, which cause nosebleeds, sub-skin bleeding and bruising. If not treated promptly, prolonged dengue can lead to death.
Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever (Dengue Shock Syndrome)
Dengue shock syndrome is the most severe body of fever that appears. Symptoms include Human aches,bleeding plus symptoms of mild hemorrhagic fever, plasma exit from blood vessels causing thrombolytichemorrhage, massive bleeding, and hypotension. Severe manifestations last 2-5 days and usually occur in children.
2. How to relieve human aches and pains with dengue?
Aches and pains can cause aches and pains, severe muscle and joint pain. There is currently no specific medication for dengue, to alleviate human aches and other symptoms of dengue, the following can be applied:
- Take care of dengue patients at home with a reasonable rest in a cool environment. Supplement of soft, easily digested, protein-rich foods such as soups, water, lean meat porridge, Vitamin C, B1 …
- Rehydration, oral electrolyses from juice, filtered water, oresol solution, smoothie …
- Take paracetamol antipyretics in a single form. Dosage from 325 – 650mg, every 4-6 hours, not more than 4g a day. Relative doses by age are as follows: children < 3 tháng tuổi: 40mg; trẻ 4-11 tháng tuổi: 80mg; trẻ 1- 2 tuổi: 120mg; trẻ 2- 3 tuổi: 160mg; trẻ 4-5 tuổi: 240mg; trẻ 6-8 tuổi: 320mg; trẻ 9-10 tuổi: 400mg; trẻ 11 tuổi: 480 mg (trung bình 10-15mg/kg thể trọng).
- Cool down the body by taking antipyretics combined with cool compresses in the armpits, inguinal, folds, wipe people with warm water. For dengue patients to wear cool clothes, do not wear blankets or wear a lot of clothes will limit the heat, the body temperature increases higher.
- In case of dengue patients presenting with high fever convulsions, signs of severe progress, bleeding … need to promptly take the patient to the emergency hospital.
3. Notes when caring for people with dengue
It is not necessary to use antibiotics when treating dengue , becauseit is a viral disease. Improper overuse of antibiotics can increase toxicity on the liver, kidneys, affecting the health of patients.
Do not use aspirin and Ibuprofen analgesics…. because in the drug has the effect of inhibiting thromboembophypulation, use for people with dengue can lead to gastric hemorrhage, vomiting blood …
Do not apply fever-lowering folk methods such as wind shaving, hot oil … will damage the muscles and dilate the vessels, making the condition more dangerous.
Killing mosquitoes, tossing, bugs causing, preserving habitat and shelter, applying measures to avoid mosquito bites such as sleeping curtains, applying mosquito repellent cream … is a method of preventing the virus that causes dengue outbreaks and phosphates.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- Recommendations when treating dengue at home
- Dengue outbreak is spreading: Beware of fever, muscle and joint pain
- Dengue NS1 antigen diagnoses dengue early