The article is consulted professionally by Dr. Bs. Ton That Tri Dung – Head of Medical Examination & Gynecology Department – Medical Examination and Internal Medicine Department – Share99 Da Nang International Health Hub
Increased in-skull pressure is a syndrome that can cause dangerous complications such as cerebral edema, cerebral ise anemia, even brain drops that cause i can't recover later or cause rapid death to the person. Therefore, patients with signs of increased in-skull pressure need to be recognized early and treated promptly.
1. Signs of increased in-skull pressure
Signs of increased in-skull pressure should be recognized through early and timely signs to properly handle the risk to the patient's life. Depending on the condition of the province or anesthesia, the patient will show signs of increased in-skull pressure differently. Specifically:
In provincial patients:
- Increased inpatient pressure will cause signs of increased headaches, headaches that may spread or reside
- Frequent vomiting in the causes of the back pit
- Visual disturbances with signs of double vision, blurred vision, decreased vision, examination of the bottom of the eyes with thorny edema
- Neurological disorders with manifestations of lethargy, sleeping chickens
In patients in a coma:
- Patients with increased in-skull pressure are awake in a sudden coma, or in a deeper coma
- Manifestations of increased muscle enterm
- Automatic neurological disorders – is a severe sign of
- Tachycardia or slowness, irregularity, hypertension or may be a decrease in blood pressure
- Respiratory disorders with manifestations of rapid breathing, deep breathing or Cheyne-Stockes breathing.
- Thermos conditioning disorders present with high fever or hypothermia
- There are signs of damage caused by brain drops such as temporal lobe drops, cord paralysis III, dilated homage; cerebral almond lobe drops present with rapid breathing or apnea, central brain drops present with top-to-bottom lesions.
However, in most patients with increased in-skull pressure, there are general symptoms of increased in-skull pressure mentioned to quickly recognize this syndrome such as:
- Headaches: Headaches usually occur all day and the pain increases at night and in the morning, the location of the pain varies depending on the location of the lesion, depending on the cause but may be painful in the forehead, the pacific, occipital and eye area. Increased pain during movement, physical exertion, coughing due to increased vein pressure, pain relief when standing, sitting
- Patients may have nausea caused by X-wire irritation, which usually appears after headaches, vomiting easily in the morning, after vomiting will feel less headache.
- Dizziness due to frequent compression into the fore meditis or by damage to the frontal center in the brain trunk or the area of the sun, forehead.
- Visual disturbances with double vision manifestations, difficulty seeing due to vi wire paralysis, thorn edema are the most objective symptoms of increased in viranial pressure, usually edema on both sides.
Other typical signs of increased in-skull pressure include:
- Slow pulse, altered blood pressure tends to increase
- Normal initial breathing after fast rhythm, Cheyne – Stokes breathing
- There are signs of plant disorders such as manifestations of sweating, cold head and dysenteration when severe abdominal pain, the appearance of abdominal pains, constipation, temperature when rising, vomiting black substance.
- Mental disorders often present sluggishly, insensively, lethargy, memory disorders, overcast consciousness, confusion, sleeping chickens or coma, even loss of orientation towards space, time, sometimes schizophrenia especially tumors in the temples.
Especially in children under 5 years of age, signs of increased inocapable pressure cause cranial dilation manifested by an increase in the size of the head ring. The young skull has varicose veins of the scalp, large, convex eyes, knocking can hear the sound of "broken vessels" is a macewen sign. Blows can be heard on the skull or in the eyes in cases of vascular tumors or vascular malformation.
2. Signs of increased sub-clinical in-skull pressure
- Blood tests can determine the cause of hyponatremia.
- Endoscopy of the bottom of the eye:
- Early stages of thorny thorns presenting more prickly than the surface of the retina and pinker than usual
- Edema stage: See the shoulders completely erased, treat the swelling of the edema on the retina, like mushrooms, red-pink spines rewind like flames. The condensed blood vessels zigzag.
- Haemorrhagic stage: Additional bleeding is seen in the spines of the vision and retina
- Stage of atrophy: The stage of loss of compensation, the spines become silvery white, lose shadows, lava banks. The sparse blood vessels are pale, accompanied clinically with reduced patient vision
- Inclined cranial imaging: The most visible cranial dilation is the top of the forehead in children, finger marks pay attention to the top of the temple, the pit is wide but often late to see varicose veins on the skull, the skull arch bone can be thin
- Electroencephalitis suggests locality, assessing the exacerbation of increased inpatient pressure.
- Trans cranial Doppler Ultrasound
- Ct-scan of the brain: it can be seen:
- Cerebral edema, brain structure pushed, middle line structure altered.
- Dilated brain: Due to obstruction of the circulation of cerebral palsy.
- Can be seen: Brain bleeding, cerebral ise anemia, brain tumors, brain anesthoma …
- Traumatic resonance (MRI) of the brain: Better tell about brain damage.
- Brain ancillary imaging: Identifying cerebral vascular malformation.
- Spinal cord puncture: when meningitis is suspected
Combining both clinical and subclinical signs above, patients may soon be correctly diagnosed with signs of increased in-skull pressure.
Share99 International Health Hub with a system of facilities, fully equipped with modern medical machines and equipment, imaging facilities to support the most advanced diagnosis and treatment such as: Toshiba CT SCAN 640 slices, cerebral anethography machine, CHT (MRI) scanner G.E 3.0 , MRA and CTA… for clear image quality, easy diagnosis and treatment of brain and spinal diseases of both medical and gynecologic diseases…. along with a team of experts and doctors with many years of experience in neuropathic examination and treatment, patients can be assured of examination and treatment of neurological diseases in general and in-skull pressure in particular at Share99.
To register for examination and treatment at Share99 International Health Hub, you can contact Share99 Health System nationwide, or register for an online examination HERE.
- Nerve damage
- Trans cranial doppler ultrasound
- Does a broken collarbone need a bunch of powder?