Dug science has been very developed but there are currently no drugs that have been shown to enhance memory. The drugs are used mainly to treat dementia for patients and have no effect on the average person. So what medications does memory impair take?
1. What medications should dementia take?
Memory loss is a common condition in the elderly. However, this condition can also be encountered in young people due to various causes (bacterial infections, damage tothe brain, suffering from dementia, ,…). The decline in old age memory usually occurs slowly, there are manifestations such as slow memory of words, not remembering the time of previous events, forgetting the way home, confusion, leaving items in the wrong place,… In addition, memory deterioration can also be encountered in alcoholics, abuseof sedatives,causing sleep. Dementia is a severe condition of dementia, which can lead to Alzheimer's disease, which requires treatment according to its own regimen.
What medications does memory impair take? Some groups of medications commonly prescribed for use in patients with dementia are:
- Drugs for neurodegeneratives: Tacrine, donepezil, rivastigmine, galantamin. They have the effect of increasing the concentration of acetylcholine – increasing neuro-conductivity (substances that play an important role in the process of learning and remembering). The active substance memantine is used for people with moderate and severe Alzheimer's because it helps protect brain cells from damage;
- Peripheral dilation and brain activation: Flunarizine, co-dergocrine, isoxsuprine, naftidrofuryl, nicergoline. In particular, ginkgo biloba is often recommended because there are extracts from natural ginkgo leaves;
- Neurons: Idebenone, piracetam, pyritinol. They help protect the brain from hypoxia to the brain, enhancing glucose consumption in the brain. However, patients with liver and kidney disease are not allowed to take this group of medications. Some harmful reactions are also warned by the doctor to monitor the patient during the course of taking the drug;
- Vitamins A, D, E: Has the effect of slowing down the development of Alzheimer's disease.
2. Should medications help improve memory?
According to experts, although science has been very developed, there is currently no drug that has been shown to have a memory-enhancing effect. Only these drugs are used to treat dementia and they also do not work for the average person. It is completely wrong to buy brain tonics to enhance memory. Not only does it not help improve memory for users, but it can also lead to serious consequences.
If the user does not learn carefully, let the young or elderly parents take brain tonics, improve memory,… it will be very dangerous for the health of the person who took the medicine. The cause because the drugs are considered to be this neuronic has only a pronounced effect on cases of typical pathology. It has very little effect on normal healthy people. Even if you take medicine daily, it can lead to serious side effects such as: Nerve agitator, changes in the functioning of the cardiovascular system, motor system, changes in intestinal activity – digestive system,…
As for age-in-age dementia, there are no specific medications. Drugs prescribed by the doctor should be used properly, in accordance with the patient's condition. At the same time, the person needs to rest, relax and live in mode mode mode mode order, avoiding alcohol and caffeine abuse. In addition, patients with age-in-age dementia should also actively exercise,participate in health-appropriate social activities to alleviate stress, slow down the process of memory decline. In particular, because people with dementia often forget, the use of the drug requires close supervision of the patient's family.
People with dementia can use the drug prescribed by a doctor. In normal healthy cases, memory-improving medications should not be used to avoid more serious consequences.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- 11 health and nutritional benefits of cocoa powder
- Functions of the left hemisphere of the brain
- Dark chocolate can help reduce stress, improve memory