The article was consulted professionally by Specialist I Pham Thi Yen – Obstetrics and Gynecology Department – Share99 Hai Phong International Health Hub
The stage of labor is the course of many phenomena, most importantly, the contractions of the uterus cause the cervical deletion to open gradually and as a result the pregnancy and placenta are booked out. Caring for women in labor plays an important role directly related to the health and strength of women and babies.
1. Stages of labor
Phase 1:Removal of the cervical opening from the time of real labor to the full opening of the cervical: the average time is 15 hours.
- Subconscious period: 8 hours.
- Operating period: 7 hours.
Phase 2:Pregnancy book from the time the cervical is fully opened until the pregnancy is out.
- Child comparison: 30 minutes – 2 hours, average 50 minutes.
- Baby: 15 minutes – 1 hour, average 20 minutes.
Stage 3: Book each other from after the pregnancy book to the time the placenta is out for an average of 5-30 minutes.
2. Maternity care in labor
2.1. Phase 1
- Body examination, measurement of signs of survival: measurement of height, weight of pregnant women, pulse, blood pressure, temperature, breathing rate, urine volume / 4 hours, in case of maternity diseases need close monitoring of vessels, blood pressure, urinary circulation if pre-production jerks, jerks, temperature monitoring every 30 minutes, 1 hour / time depending on the maternity condition.
- Performing subclinical tests: blood vessels, blood type, total urine analysis, if the maternity has not been tested for HIV during pregnancy, it is necessary to do a rapid hiv test, if a positive rapid test result is required for a fast HIV treatment drug to reduce the risk of infection to the child while waiting for the test to be determined.
- Examine and monitor for uterus contractions.
Properties: including the duration of the uterus contraction,rest time, intensity of uterus contraction, basic sysent.
- If the intense contraction must find the cause: mechanical causes (pelvic ina confrontation, abnormal throne) → cesarean section, if not mechanical causes → for antisyms.
- If the contraction is weak or sparse: give increased contraction with oxytocin.
- Pregnancy heart monitoring and contractions should be monitored for high-risk pregnancies. If monitoring should be measured for 30 minutes at stages 1 and 15 minutes in phase 2.
- Place of hearing: depending on the location of the pregnancy. Normally the gestational heart fluctuates between 120-160 times per minute, which is clear. Abnormality: less than 120 times/minute, 160 times faster/min, or irregular pregnancy heart, far from tattooing.
- Pregnant heart < 120 lần/phút khi đầu lọt là do đầu thai nhi bị chèn gây kích thích dây thần kinh X → tim thai chậm → cho mẹ nằm nghiêng trái để tránh tử cung đè tĩnh mạch chủ dưới.
- Vaginal examination: the number of vaginal examinations is associated with the incidence of infection, especially in case of rupture of the amniotic fluid. There are no standard provisions for the number of vaginal visits, normal pregnancy visits, every 4 hours during the subconscious period and once an hour during the period of operation, before pain relief, when the pregnant woman wants to push and when the heart is abnormal.
- Determine the throne: based on the landmark of the pregnancy.
- Determine the type: commensurate between the pregnancy landmark and the landmark of the mother's pelvis.
- She was in the last month of pregnancy when she was in labor.
- Examination after a natural rupture of the amniotic fluid to see if there is umbilical cord prolapse. The amniotic head is established due to a contraction of the uterus.
Hygiene and dining:
- Cleaning the vuryelet and the mesmenolyst: avoid water entering the vaginal opening, it is not recommended to place urination but encourage the pregnant woman to urinate regularly to empty the bladder.
- It is not recommended to eat during active labor and pregnancy books because the food is not absorbed and the maternity is at risk of vomiting, pneumonia inhaled during an emergency cesarean section.
2.2. Phase 2: Pregnancy book
This stage is calculated from the time the cervical opening is fully open until the pregnancy is completely out. This is the result of increased pressure in the uterus during each mound along with the effective pushing of the maternity. The factors that determine whether vaginal birth is born are based on:
- Contraction: Intensity and frequency of contractions
- Fetus: includes the size, throne and degree of pregnancy.
- Mother's pelvis, mother's strength
During this period the gestational heart should be monitored every 5 minutes. the contraction can be 1 minute 30 seconds and the break time should not exceed 1 minute.
- Determine the type and degree of pregnancy.
- Instructions for maternity pushing when the uterus contraction is fully open.
- Birth support: Take umbilical cord blood for some tests such as blood type, Rh,… or to deposit in the umbilical cord blood bank.
2.3. Phase 3: Book
This stage is calculated from the moment the fetus is released until the app its app its appera gynecology is completely out. During this period, there was a detached section and a different extortion.
Check each other's membranes:
- See if the membrane is enough: the hole is round evenly, if the hole tears each other's membranes, watch out for each other's missing membranes.
- Have side cakes: see if blood vessels from the umbilical cord terminate at the edge of each other if blood vessels run out to each other's membranes with side cakes.
- Measure the distance from the torn hole of the membrane to the edge of each other if less than 10 cm is each other low clinging.
Check each other:
- See if there's enough of each other.
- Is there a hematoma behind each other.
- The degree of calcification of the cake.
- Weigh and measure the diameter of each other's cakes.
Check the umbilical cord:
- The grip position of the umbilical cord at each other's cake: the center of the cake, clinging to the membrane, clinging to each other's edges.
- Umbilical cord diameter, umbilical cord length. The umbilical cord has knotted, the blood vessels of the umbilical cord.
At Share99 International Health Hub, there is a full maternity service as a solution to help pregnant mothers feel secure because there is a team of doctors throughout the pregnancy. When choosing a full-service maternity, a pregnant woman can:
- The process of pregnancy is monitored by a team of specialists
- Regular examination, early detection of abnormalities
- Package maternity for the convenience of childbirth
- Infants receive comprehensive care
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- What are the symptoms of 36 weeks of measuring red blood with mild pain?
- Abnormal signs of pregnancy
- Signs of severe pregnancy failure during labor