The article was consulted professionally by Master, Dr. Le Nhat Nguyen – Obstetrician and Gynecologist – Share99 DaNang InternationalHealth Hub.
Cervical removal surgery is a cervical and vaginal cervical resurgery surgery aimed at removing the cervical, some surrounding tissue as well as the upper third of the vagina and pelvic lymph nodes. The cervical neck is usually removed vaginally (called RVT) or sometimes through abdominal open surgery (called RAT). The cervical is the female's reproduction line located between the uterus and the vagina. This is a narrow, short, conical body, sometimes called the mouth of the uterus.
1. Reasons for cervical cirlitthecting
The main reason patients have to have a cervical resecting is cervical cancer , which is one of the top three causes of death in women with cancer and one of the most common cancers affecting the female's reproduction route.
Many cervical cancers are caused by human papillomaviral infection (HPV) that is transmitted through sexual contact. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there are 9 out of 10 cases of HPV infection within two years, which means you don't have to use cervical remand surgery to treat HPV infection.
Patients should talk to their doctor about HPV vaccination and regular birth health check-up if:
- You have had unsafe sex.
- You are transgender.
- You have had sex with many people
- You have a disease that affects the immune system.
- You smoke.
- You have sexually transmitted diseases.
Early cervical cancer is usually unsympto detected due to the lack of obvious symptoms. Late-stage cases can cause symptoms as follows:
- Vaginal bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Pain during sex
2. Advantages and disadvantages of cervical remitation surgery
Cervical and vaginal musectomy (RT) is considered a safe alternative to hysterectomy and is usually in place for women with early cervical cancer and tumors less than 2cm but wishes to maintain the ability to give birth later. However, your doctor does not guarantee that you will become pregnant later, so you should consider between cancer treatment and the possibility of getting pregnant later.
If you want to get pregnant yourself, the person needs a uterus to nourish the fetus, but when the uterus is removed, then there will be nowhere for the fetus to develop.
According to reviews of clinical studies, there is no significant difference in women with RT compared to those who had a ziervical surgery on:
- Recurrence rate in the first 05 years
- Mortality rate in the first 05 years
- Complications during and after surgery
One of RT's greatest advantages over a cut of the uterus is the preservation of the uterus. Therefore, the person is still capable of pregnancy. Research has found that 41 to 79% of women can successfully conceive after RT surgery.
For women with early-stage cervical cancer, other research has also found RT to have superior advantages over uterus shearing in other ways than preserving fertility for patients such as:
- Less blood loss
- Shorter hospital stays
When performing RT surgery, patients are required to be hospitalized and underwent body anesthesia, risks include:
- be infected
- Leaked urine
- Pain during sex
- Blood clots
- Thigh numbness
- RT risk also includes the accumulation of lymphatic fluid. This is a fluid that flows through the lymphatic vessels, helping to fight diseases and infections. This accumulation can lead to swelling in the arms, legs and abdomen.
Women who have had RT surgery during conception are often advised to have a cesarean section.
3. How does the surgery take place?
RT is a surgery performed at the hospital with a full-body anesthesia. The surgeon removes the lymph nodes in the pelvis and examines them for cancer cells.
If cancer cells are found in the lymph nodes ,the surgeon stops the RT surgery. The patient will be informed of other treatment options (including a uterus removal with chemotherapy, radiotherapy or both).
If no cancer cells are found in the lymph nodes, the surgeon removes the cervical, part of the vagina and some surrounding tissue. They will probably put a stitch to hold the uterus and vagina together.
In addition, cervical surgery can be performed by the following methods:
- Radical vaginal trachelectomy.
- Radical abdominal trachelectomy
- Laparoscopic surgery by incision of a small line in the abdomen and inserting an endoscope to remove the cervical.
- Robotic arm surgery (or robotic trachelectomy) is inserted with small incision surgical instruments on the skin.
4. After cervical remlitative surgery
In general, RT surgery uses laparoscopy or robotic arms, the patient will be easier to recover because they are less invasive. Most patients will be hospitalized for between three and five days.
After surgery, patients may experience some problems such as:
- Vaginal bleeding for two weeks or more
- Pain (you will be prescribed painkillers)
- Use of a cathethe tube for one to two weeks after surgery
- Patients need to limit exercise such as exercising, climbing stairs or even driving for several weeks
- The person must not have sex or put anything in the vagina until you see a doctor who allows it, usually between four and six weeks after surgery.
5. Side effects of RT surgery
Short-term side effects of RT surgery may include:
- The body feels weak
- Urinary ina autonomy
- Pain during menstruation
- Vaginal translation
- Risk of infection
- Swelling of limbs
- Sexual dysfunction
- Lower libido (although libido returns to normal at the end of the 12th month after surgery)
- Worries about sexuality
Currently, vinmec International Health Hub is fully equipped with methods to remove the uterus, with the leading modern and advanced equipment in Vietnam. In particular, the most prominent is robotic surgery technique– this is the first private robotic surgery center in Vietnam to treat cancer, digestive, urinary – genital, gynecological diseases … with a success rate of up to 95%. Share99 International Health Hub has equipped the American-made Da Vinci Robot with a sophisticated and modern structure, with 4 arms that perfectly simulate human hand movement, meeting the needs of surgery with the highest requirements.
Dr. Le Nhat Nguyen has more than 20 years of experience in the field of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Nguyen is a former obstetrician at Gia Dinh People's Health Hub in Ho Chi Minh City. BS has high expertise and strengths in the diagnosis and treatment of obstetrics and gynecology diseases. Currently a Doctor of Obstetrics and Gynecology Department – Share99 Da Nang InternationalHealth Hub.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- How to check the contraceptive ring is in the right place?
- Effects of cervical tearing and how to handle it
- Can cervical gland inflammation return to normal after reconstruction?