The article was written by Specialist Doctor II Nguyen Dinh Wini – Obstetrician and Gynecologist, Obstetrics and Gynecology Department – Share99 Times City International Health Hub.
FIGO recommends a cesarean section rate of about 20%, the rate of cesarean section tends to be increasing in developing countries. Cesarean section greatly increases the risk of severe med birth for mother and child, so the caesarean should not be enlarged if not necessary. However, in some cases, cesarean section is mandatory.
1. Abnormal pelvis
- Test the dharma if it's a crown – the limit frame.
- Cesarean section if the pelvis is absolutely narrow, the pelvis is distorted, the pelvis is limited to failing the crown test.
- Cesarean section with abnormal pelvic cases is not a crown.
2. The way out of pregnancy is obstructed
- Forward tumors :common are uterine or cervical fibroids, ovarian cysts, other tumors located on the way out of the pregnancy.
- Central strikers or bleeding strikers need emergency surgery to save their mother.
3. Uterus with surgical scarring in the latter case
- Surgical scars in the body of the uterus:fibroid peeling scars, scars of uterine reconstruction surgery, scarring of the rupture site, perforation of the uterus, scars of surgery to cut the corners of the uterus, horns of the uterus.
- Scars of under-uterus surgery are 2 times or more, considering if the previous cesarean section was less than 24 months away.
4. In dinh of surgery for the cause of the mother
- Mothers suffer from chronic or chronic general diseases if lower sugar is at risk of life (severe heart disease, severe pre-production and seizures…).
- Lower genital abnormalities: vaginal stenosis (congenital or acquired), Vaginal cross-sectional septum prior to rectal vaginal fistula surgery, genital mus caesareansection, pre-birth history of 4th degree ileum tearing.
- The malformation of the uterus such as: double uterus (pregnant uterus often becomes a forward tumor),two-horned uterus … especially when accompanied by an abnormal fetus, the uterus septum affects the fetal way out.
5. Causes on the side of pregnancy
- Pregnancy with malnutrition/severe intra-uterus growth delay
- Anethal pregnancy: blood type disagreement with mother at risk of still death in the uterus
- Abnormal stars: shoulder/horizontal, forehead, frontal, back chin.
- Multiple pregnancies: if the first pregnancy is not the first.
- Labor has progressed with pregnancy failure when it is not eligible for lower sugar.
6. Cesarean section in place due to abnormal developments in labor
- The cervical opening of the head does not reach the end.
- Level pregnancy failure.
- Prolonged labor ,the non-progressive cervical has had intervention but is ineffective.
- Bleeding from striker vegetables, young bong vegetables.
- Threatens to rupture and rupture the uterus.
- Umbilical cord prolapse while the pregnancy is alive.
- Sa chi after trying to push up but failed
Pregnancy and labor are "dynamic" processes, so cesarean sections can be proactive that can be semi-emergency, emergency or evening. Depending on the specific case to have the appropriate specify.
7. Risks of cesarean section
Vaginal birth is always recommended without absolute cesarean sections, the risks that can be encountered during cesarean section are as follows:
7.1 On the mother's side
- Bleeding: blood bandage during or after surgery due to uterine sputum; bleeding from tearing of the lower uterus tears into the arteries.
- The risk of mmomom death is higher: may be due to amniotic embolism or thrombosis, unstypable bleeding, or insufficient blood when the mother belongs to a rare blood type.
- Surgical accidents such as touching neighboring organs (bladder, intestines, ureter), bladder fistula – uterus / bladder – vagina.
- Infection: incision infection, urinary tract infections, pneumonia. Most commonly an incision infection; peritonitis
- Intestinal paralysis.
- Expand the incision, hernia of the abdominal wall.
- Complications caused by anesthesia – resuscitation: there may be complications due to insymity such as inhalation syndrome (in case of intt management anesthesia); hypotension,post-surgery headache (in case of spinal anesthesia), drug reactions (anaesthetic stunting).
- Intestinal obstruction, intestinal obstruction.
- Obstruction of the ovopingtube, scarring of the incision causing second infertility
- Endometriosis at cesarean section scar or abdominal wall incision scar
- Incisions, striker vegetables, comb-toothed vegetables at later pregnancies
- Scars on the body of the uterus may crack during later pregnancies (cracks in labor or labor)
- In later pregnancies, the likelihood of having to have a caesarean section increases and if a vaginal fall is born, it must help with the birth of the procedure, the pregnancy in the old surgical scar …
7.2 On your side
- The fetus may be affected by anesthesia.
- Injured during surgery.
- Newborns are at higher risk of respiratoryfailure, delayed lung digestion and can be life-threatening especially when the mother has not yet labored, especially babies who receive caesarean section intervention at an insufficient gestation period.
- Perstal death (within 28 days after birth) in the case of cesarean section is higher than in normal birth.
8. Note before cesarean section
- All information about the operation, in dinh and risks during and after surgery of both mother and child should be consulted and discussed clearly with the pregnant woman and her family before the operation.
- Complete the required legal procedures.
- Program surgery – proactive: Preparation from the eve of surgery
- Cleaning the abdomen limits the risk of infection
Share99 International Health Hub offers a full maternity care program for women from the very beginning of pregnancy from the first months with a full range of pregnancy examinations, 3D ultrasounds, 4D routines and routine tests to ensure the mother is always healthy and the fetus develops comprehensively. Maternity will no longer be alone when entering labor because having a companion helps the process of childbirth always bring peace of mind and happiness.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- Warning of causes and signs of pregnancy failure
- What is vegetable striker?
- The 36-week fetus has multiple amniotic fluid, what to do?