The article was consulted by Master, Resident Doctor Nguyen Thanh Vinh, Obstetrics and Gynecology Department – Share99 Ha Long International Health Hub
Although safe, effective and has many outstanding advantages, implanon contraceptive implants cannot be applied to all women. Pregnant women, women who are breastfeeding for less than 6 weeks, have abnormal hemorrhages, or have breast cancer,… are typical contrained contraines of implanon contraceptive implants.
1. What is Implanon contraceptive implant?
The contraceptive implant is a contraceptive product containing the group hormone progestogen. This element is released regularly daily, preventing ovulation and conception. Therefore, using a contraceptive implant does not require the use of any other contraceptives for the period of time the contraceptive implant is still valid.
There are many types of contraceptive implants today, which can consist of 1 or more implants, with different intervals. The most common and trusted by many medical professionals is Implanon – a simple, effective contraceptive implant for up to 3 years without using only 1 stick.
Mechanism of action of Implanon contraceptive implants:
- Contraceptive implants secrete the hormones Progestin that prevents ovulation.
- Thickens cervical mucus, preventing the penetration of sperm from meeting eggs.
- Inhibits the development of the lining of the uterus, which makes the lining of the uterus thin, which is not convenient for nesting eggs.
2. Advantages of Implanon Contraceptive Implants
Implanon is a contraceptive implant chosen by many people because of its many outstanding advantages:
- High contraceptive efficiency (up to 99.95%.)
- The contraceptive effect lasts 3 years. This can help overcome the disadvantages of taking the drug every day (such as daily contraceptive pills) in women who forget, difficulty complying with treatment.
- Easy to transplant, easy to withdraw, completely scar-free, ensuring high aesthetics for women.
- Effective contraceptive immediately 24 hours after transplant if the implant is implanted within a period of several days after menstruation.
- It is a safe, highly effective, continuous contraceptive and restores fertility quickly 3 weeks after obtaining the implant.
- Can be used for lactation women starting from the sixth week, without affecting the quality and quantity of lactation.
- Women over the age of 40 who suffer from diseases such as uterine fibroids, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, obesity or high blood pressure patients … contraceptive implants.
3. Which cases are contraceptive implants suitable for?
Implanon contraceptive implants are suitable for all women of child's age, want contraception and do not have contrainception of implants. It is possible to implant the rod at any time, but certainly not pregnant at the time of transplantation. Best after menstruation.
Implanon contraceptive implants are especially suitable for those who:
- Intending to contraception for at least 2-3 years, or having had enough children, is in need of an effective, prolonged-action method of contraception.
- Side effects of coordinated contraceptive pills, older women, smoking or diabetes, obesity and hypertension.
- Or forget about the drug when taking oral contraceptives, contrain prescribing or difficulty placing a uterus instrument.
4. Who should not implant the contraceptive rod?
Although safe, there are many outstanding advantages, implanon contraceptive implants are not an absolute measure, can be used for all women of child age.
Some cases where contraceptive implants should not be used are:
- Pregnancy or suspected pregnancy: Before transplanting you may need to take a test to make sure you are not pregnant. Don't want the menstrual cycle to be changed
- Women who are breastfeeding for less than 6 weeks
- Taking certain medications can reduce the effectiveness of contraception such as HIV medications, tuberculosis, menstruation, certain antibiotics such as rifambutin or rifampicin
- Bleeding, abnormal bleeding of unknown causes
- Have a history or suspicion of breast cancer, stroke, severe liver disease, thromboembotic disease
- Being treated with antivulsive drugs such as (phenytoin, carbamezapine, Barbiturates or primidone) or with griseofulvin, rifampicin
5. Some problems can be encountered when contraception with implants
Some minor problems that women may have when contraception with implants:
- Amnicemia: Women may experience amality after 1 year of implanon use, this period of amnicemia is not a pathology but because the thinned endotriosis cannot bleed menstruation. This is beneficial for the body due to the prevention of iron deficiency anemia in the event of menstruation.
- Headache, chest tightness, nausea dizziness, these symptoms are often transient and diminish over time.
- Abnormal bleeding: This is the most common manifestation for women between 6 -12 months of use
- Bleeding permeates or irregular menstruation. In many women, this condition will end after several months of use. The majority of women who use this method say that their menstruation day becomes more "gentle" due to less menstruation blood volume.
Women who want to implant contraceptive rods can be performed at the Obstetrics and Gynecology Department – Share99 Ha Long International Health Hub.
Implanon implants used at Share99 Ha Long Health Hub are Nxt (with photocture) to help find the implant if there is a lost place, difficulty in removing the implant.
Currently, Implanon contraceptive rod implantation service is performed by MSc. Dr. Nguyen Thanh Vinh. As a person who has many years of experience in major hospitals such as Hue Central Health Hub, Hue University Of Medicine and Pharmacy Health Hub, Dr. Nguyen Thanh Vinh is the main doctor who is the main doctor who is medically practice at Hanoi Obstetrics and Gynecology Health Hub.
Dr. Nguyen Thanh Vinh has also been recognized and honored by many domestic and foreign units.
In addition, the system of rooms and equipment, high-end implementation tools, ensuring high quality as well as good epticity helps to reduce to the lowest possible problems, thereby improving the safety and efficiency for minor surgery.
Guests interested in contraceptive rod implant services at Share99 Ha Long Health Hub can register here or contact hotline 0203 3828 188 for assistance.
Để được bác sĩ gọi điện tư vấn miễn phí về xét nghiệm, hãy để lại thông tin của bạn vào form dưới đây:
Nơi sinh sống
Hồ Chí Minh
Ho Chi Minh City
- Impressive contraceptive effect of Implanon implants
- The possibility of pregnancy returning after withdrawal of implanon contraceptive implants
- How long does implanon contraceptive implants work?