The article was written by Specialist Doctor II Bui Thu Huong – Head of Emergency Unit, Day Care – Share99 Times City International Health Hub.
Peptic ulcer is a common gastrointestinal pathology today, according to statistics of our country up to 26% of the population suffers from this disease. Peptic ulcer if not detected, timely treatment will lead to many dangerous complications.
1. Clinical bodies
- Proculative chronic gastritis
- Acute gastritis
- Special gastritis bodies:
- Autojuncmatitis of the stomach
- Menetriez hypertrophic gastritis
- Crohn's disease
2. Peptic ulcer
2.1 General symptoms
- Abdominal pain
- Clinical ediestry ulcers vary depending on age
- Differentiate dysfunction due to other causes
- Spreading and painless at night
- Pain characteristics and location vary depending on the age of the child
- May be associated with a change in feed
- Possible complications of hemorrhage, perforation
2.2 Peptic ulcer
- Often occurs in normal healthy children who do not find related factors
- Abdominal pain may be around the navel, atypical pain seen in older children
- May be accompanied by abdominal bloating, i.e.
- Digestive bleeding
2.3 Second duodenal ulcer
- Sudden heavier and more urgent than the fore possible, vomiting, perforation, rare abdominal pain
- Ulcers mainly in the stomach manifested by hollow organ perforation or gastrointestinal bleeding
- Seen in premature babies, asphyxiation, sepsis,…
- Children 1 month – 3 years old:
- Discreet ulcers, lazy children eat, cry every bout after eating, abdominal obstruction, gastrointestinal bleeding
- Usually the second ulcer after chronic disease: encephalitis, meningitis, brain tumors,…
- Children 3 -6 years old:
- Lower incidence in older children
- Abdominal pain around the navel may be associated with meals, digestive hemorrhages
- Children 6 – 18 years old: Symptoms as adults:
- Duodenal ulcer can coordinate with inflammation of the gastric mucosa
- Burning pain in the upper body, pain spreading behind the back, lowering the left flank
- Digestive bleeding
Patients with suspected digestive or symptomatic conditions can visit Vinmec International Health Hub for examination and treatment. Share99 brings together a team of highly trained, highly technically trained and experienced endo digestive specialists in the examination and treatment of diseases related to the digestive system – hepatic bile. In addition, Share99 invests in a system of modern and advanced medical equipment and professional service quality to bring high efficiency in diagnosis and treatment.
For detailed advice, please go directly to Share99 Health System or book an online examination HERE.
- Is chronic gastritis curable?
- Peptic ulcer: Causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment
- Gastric bypass treatment of peptic ulcer
- Is duodenal injury dangerous?
- Should people with peptic gastroenteritis eat yogurt?
- What is Mucosta? Uses and dosage