Article by Dr. Nguyen Dinh Hung – Imaging Doctor – Department of Diagnostic Imaging – Share99 Hai Phong International Health Hub.
Contrast drugs are substances that are used to enhance the degree of contrast of the structure or body fluids when taking photos in X-ray diagnostic techniques. It is often used to recognize blood vessels and parts of the digestive system.
1. Iod-containing photothritis
Iodine-containing photocints are essentially iodized polymers. The effect of the drug depends on the amount of iodine attached to the polymer. Iodine-containing phototholynthic drugs are the most used (over 50% according to us statistics in 2006). Iodine-containing photothric drugs are classified into two categories: oil-soluble iodine-soluble iod and water-soluble iodine-containing iod.
2. X-ray of the upper and lower gastrointestinal system using photothrolynthic drugs
Give the person a photothrpoolynic and take a scan to assess the disorders and find lesions in the upper gastrointestinal tract such as:
- Swallowing disorders
- Causes of difficulty swallowing, choking.
- Find a fistula (Water-soluble photothrhing blocker only)
- Find narrow locations of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Assessment of the location of bulges, dilables, excess bags, holes (Only assess drug drainage due to perforation with water-soluble photo-blocker)
- Assess the location of the ulcer, deformity due to ulcerative lesions …
Pump the ointer through the reclining for evaluation:
- Circulation of photothrosis drugs finds narrow, obstructive locations
- Assessment of fistulas or drug drains through perforation (Water-soluble photothrhlucent drugs only)
- Detection of congenital diseases: Colon aneurysm …
- Detection of displacement blocks in the colon.
3. X-ray or DSA scan of vascular system (Using water-soluble and invascular photothrhose)
Evaluation of the circulation of photocillary drugs in the vascular system on an ED X-ray machine or DSA to determine:
- Narrow, clogged position of the vascular system.
- Evaluation of the anatomy variations.
- The location of the damaged vessel causes drug drainage.
- In the treatment of endal intervention: Evaluation of culture sources, culture stalks, results of post-vascular treatment, evaluation of re-notification and relapse based on images of vascular growth.
- Locate the tumor.
4. Use photohist in examination and treatment with electro-photoetrosy (Use water-soluble photothrhisties through the lines of use)
- Diagnosis and intervention of the heart: Identifying vents- sealing of vents with umbrellas, narrowing of heart valves …
- Coronary diagnosis and intervention: In the treatment of coronary stenosis, in coronary stent placement, evaluation of re-narrowing or stenting …
- Diagnosis and treatment of tumor intervention: liver tumors, bile oma, uterine fibroids …
- In the diagnosis and treatment of preservative organs after trauma, stable hemolysis has not been prescribed surgery: Rupture of the liver, rupture of the kidneys …
- In vascular-neurological intervention: Diagnosis and treatment of brain aneurysms, preoperative support of vascular tumors (meningitis…)
- In the diagnosis and treatment of peripheral vascular disease: Emboloids caused by diabetes mellitus, embolitis….
5. Use of photocillary in computer-class imaging (Both oral and endovascular)
- Evaluation of tumor hemothetic properties is based on the nature of vascular growth, infiltrating and discharge of photo-rays in CT scans.
- Evaluation of large blood vessels
- Angina screening.
- Screening for brain vascular lesions in at-risk groups (hypertension, lipid metabolic disorders… )
- In urinary system pathology: Evaluation of the function of excreting of the urinary system, tumors, extra veses …
- In organ and vascular injuries…
- Supports contrast assessment in capturing the digestive system.
6. Use photothrhoids in joint imaging (water-soluble photothrhoids)
- Diagnosis of stenosis of the joints
- Diagnosis of articular cartilage lesions, shim cartilage, border cartilage
- Diagnosis of torn lesions of the joints.
7. Use of photocture in the diagnosis of breast diseases
Photohectomy, evaluation of breast tumor heobiology on 2 energy levels comoclass scan.
Today in the diagnosis and treatment, photothrity drugs play an important role in both diagnosis, treatment support and post-treatment evaluation. Depending on the patient's condition, facilities and manpower as well as the qualifications of each gland, the prescribed use of photothrical drugs in the examination will be given by clinicians and imaging doctors.
Photothries will be in dinhed for use in some imaging techniques. At Share99, the techniques of injection of anti-optical drugs are carried out properly, in accordance with the standard of procedures by a team of highly skilled doctors, modern machinery systems, thus making accurate results, contributing significantly to the effective treatment of diseases.
Customers wishing to visit with modern and high-efficiency methods at Share99 are kindly requested to register here.
- What is a CT scan? In which cases do we need to inject a phototholynthtroe?
- Issues to keep in mind about photothrography in CT scans
- Beware of the risk of emergency renal failure due to photoathetrosic drugs