Oats are foods that bring many health benefits. Oat recipes such as making oat milk, breakfast oatmeal, fruit oats,… helps to retain the full nutrients found in this cereal.
1. Some uses of oats
In oats there are high levels of essential nutrients for health such as carbohydrates, fats, proteins, fiber , B vitamins, calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium, sodium, potassium, zinc, beta – glucan,… Common types of oats include whole oats, chopped oats, thinly rolled oats, instant oats and finely ground oatmeal.
- Provide essential nutrients: The nutritional components contained in oats such as carbohydrates, fiber, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals and oxidizing compounds are all very balanced;
- Antioxidant: Pure oats contain many antioxidants such as polyphenols and avenanthramides, which help reduce blood pressure, fight free radicals, avoid aging;
- Supports digestion, diabetes treatment and weight loss: Beta – glucan in oats has the effect of reducing total cholesterol in the body, reducing blood glucose and insulin reactions, helping to increase satiety for people who are looking to lose weight, while increasing the growth of beneficial bacteria in the intestinal tract;
- Help skin brighten beautifully: Saponins found in oatmeal help exfoliating, improve the brightness of the skin. In addition, oats also help improve the unpleasant symptoms of eczema, treat dry and itchy skin;
- Cancer prevention: Antioxidants found in oats help prevent cancer, especially rectal cancer and colon cancer;
- Improve sleep quality: Other amino acids and nutrients in oats stimulate melatonin production, helping to create drowsiness;
- Dandruff treatment, anti-hairloss : Oats have a high content of minerals such as iron, zinc, magnesium and potassium, promoting hair growth. Shampoos from oatmeal can treat scalp itching, prevent excess oil, dandruff;
- Supports the nervous system: Oats increase cosy efficiency in stressful situations, while enhancing mental function.
2. Some ways to make oats rich in nutrients, easy to eat
Oats can be processed into many delicious, nutrient-rich dishes such as:
2.1 Oat milk
Oat milk can be used instead of cow's milk because it has a delicious taste, rich in protein and fiber. How to make oat milk is as follows:
- Soak 200g whole oats and a little salt with cold water for about 2-3 hours. Pay attention not to soak for too long or leave overnight because it will cause the oats to sour;
- Pour the soaked oats into a fine sieve, rinse through water several times to clean;
- Put the soaked oats in a blender along with about 500ml of warm water, puree;
- Using a sieve, remove the pulp to get pure oat milk;
- Enjoy now or use with ice and sugar.
2.2 Oat milk
- Prepare 40g of oatmeal and whole milk;
- Put the oats and whole milk in a large bowl;
- Put in the microwave and turn for 1 minute. Or, it is possible to reheat the milk, then pour instant oats in.
This is a simple combination but very tasty taste. The way to eat fresh milk oats is to eat breakfast, extra meals.
2.3 Oat yogurt
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup cooked, refrigerated oatmeal, 1⁄2 cup cheese yogurt, seasonal fruits such as grapes, strawberries, pears, watermelon, mango, grapefruit,…;
- Pour 1⁄4 cup of cheese yogurt at the bottom of the glass;
- Add 1⁄4 cup of oatmeal;
- Put on top a little fresh fruit;
- When eating should mix well so that the ingredients blend together.
Oats combined with yogurt and fruits will provide more beneficial bacteria for the digestive system, improving the body's immune system.
2.4 Dried fruit oats
If fresh fruits are not available, processing oats with dried fruits is also quite ideal. How to do the following:
- Preparation: Soaked oats, 1 tin of sugary yogurt, 1 small jar of condensed milk, 1 small jar of dried fruit;
- Mix the yogurt well with condensed milk and put it in a glass, put the oats on top of the yogurt layer, add another layer of yogurt and then sprinkle the oats and dried fruit on top.
Dried fruit oats are delicious and nutritious desserts for health.
2.5 Oatmeal porridge
- Preparation: 3⁄4 cups ground yellow oats, 450g peeled and gutted shrimp, 3 cups milk, 1 teaspoon butter, 1⁄8 cups extra-pure olive oil, 1 finely chopped onion, salt, white pepper;
- Put the fresh milk in a pan, bring to a boil. Next put the oatmeal to boil over low heat for about 10 minutes. During cooking should be harassed regularly so that the dough is smoother;
- Put another pan, heat the olive oil and butter, then sauté the onion, add the prawns. Next, add the pepper, salt to the mouth and cook for 4-5 minutes;
- Pour the mixture just sautéed into the oat pot, boil for about 10-15 is complete.
Oatmeal porridge is often served for breakfast. In addition, users can also cook some nutritious oat porridge from other ingredients such as shrimp and corn, eggs and carrots, lotus seeds and oysters, fish and vegetables,…
3. How to preserve oats
- Store in a cool, dry place: It is recommended to put oats in clean glass jars, with lids or tin buttons, stored in a dry place to avoid mold, bacteria that damage oats;
- Use of cold rooms: For businesses, restaurants with a large amount of oats, it is recommended to store this cereal in a cold room. With a family with small reserves of oats, it is possible to put oats in the refrigerator cooler. The period of storage of oats in the refrigerator cooler is several months. Pay attention, absolutely do not leave oats in the freezer;
- Do not leave in a place with high temperatures because it can cause termites to damage oats.
With a high content of fiber, vitamins and minerals, oats bring a diverse source of nutrition to humans. Therefore, it is recommended to add oats to the diet every day in the right amount for better health. A variety of oat processing will help the daily menu more rich and healthy.
- What do you know about plant protein?
- Coordination of plant protein and animal protein in the daily diet
- How many chicken eggs to eat per week is enough
- The health benefits of oats