The article was consulted professionally by Team Leader Nguyen Vu Ha, Center for Assisted Reproduction – Share99 Times City International Health Hub.
Sperm freezing consists of freezing sperm and storing it at extremely low temperatures, in order to stop the biological clock and allow samples to persist for long periods of time.
1. Sperm refrigeration storage procedure.
Sperm cold storage is a technique that helps preserve sperm at extremely low temperatures with liquid nitrogen, which can be down to negative 196oC. This process is carried out by many complex stages and requires meticulousness, carefulness, strict procedures to ensure the quality of sperm when put into use. By cold storage of sperm,sperm can be stored for many years without being affected by quality. Cold-storage sperm can be used for artificial inseination or in vism in vism fertilization.
The process of cold storage of sperm:
1.1 Blood tests
Several tests should be performed to ensure that you are not infected with sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV, Hepatitis B, and syphilis.
1.2. Sperm sampling
Sperm samples should be taken by masturbation and ionization into a special container (erm, wide mouth, made of material that is not toxic to sperm). If samples cannot be obtained by masturbation, inform the medical staff for appropriate interventions.
Some notes to be able to ensure the best sperm samples are obtained:
- Abstain from ionation for 2-7 days so that the sample is of the best quality
- Sperm samples should not be taken on days when the patient is having a fever,illness or high alcohol use.
- Sampling should be carried out at a medical facility to ensure the sample is not affected by any factors.
1.3. Conduct cold storage of sperm
Currently in medicine, there are 2 methods of cold storage of sperm commonly used as slow freezing and rapid freezing:
- Slow freezing method: including slow freezing of sperm for a period of 2-4 hours, steps are taken manually or using an automatic freezer.
- Rapid freezing: this technique requires direct contact between the sample tube and nitrogen vapor for at least 8–10 minutes and immersion in liquid nitrogen at -196°C.
Each method has its own pros and cons, but both of them give the above method a good sperm cold storage effect. Some authors claim that with normal slow freezing, manual or automatic, it can cause extensive physical-chemical damage to sperm due to the crystallization of ice.
2. What subjects need to store cold sperm?
Sperm cold storage is a technique carried out aimed at supporting reproduction, serving for the treatment of rarelate , at the same time it is also a method to help preserve the fertility of men. However, not everyone needs to store cold sperm and everyone can store cold sperm. Cold storage of sperm is in dinhation carried out when:
- Men suffer from malignangnanity, chemical or radiotherapy use during treatment.
- Patients with autoimed diseases or other conditions that can affect the quality as well as the number of sperm such as quadoids, severe inflammation of the male department …
- Male subjects regularly work in toxic environments.
- The ability to sperm is unstable, having some fertility problems such as erectile dysfunction ,infertility is rare.
- Couples who perform in vi vism in vism fertilization that by the time the egg is poked, the husband must go away.
- The test found that the mobility of sperm is poor, too little sperm density is not guaranteed for conception.
- Before surgery such as vasectitis, prostate, bladder, spine
- Before transgender surgery
Cold storage of sperm, which has always been an important method, greatly supports the treatment of rare cases of infertility, helping to bring joy to many couples. However, to carry out a successful sperm cold storage is also a process with complex stages, requiring care and expertise.
Customers wishing to accurately examine and advise on sperm freezing services can choose the Center for Assisted Reproduction – Share99 International Health Hub.
The center now brings together a team of leading experts in the field of obstetrics and gynecology, domestic and international male faculty, a team of doctors trained in the world's leading medical countries such as the US, Singapore, Japan, Australia and world-famous assisted reproduction centers. With a high level of expertise and experience, the team of experts at Share99 Fertility Center has the ability to deploy comprehensively and comprehensively the most advanced assisted reproduction techniques today, helping to realize the dream of parenthood of hundreds of families across Vietnam.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- Storing eggs for the fullness of future motherhood
- Cold storage of eggs – Delaying pregnancy
- Q&A: What is fertility conservation?