Many people think that having a cold should not bathe to avoid a more serious illness. However, studies have shown that proper bathing or bathing with essential oils has the effect of eliminating toxins, slightly reducing the symptoms of the flu.
1. Should I take a shower?
People with colds can bathe normally. However, proper bathing is recommended to avoid exacerbating the condition. It is recommended to take a warm bath with a shower to moisturize the nose. If you have cold dizziness, it is possible to take a wet bath (small droplet nozzle) in a sitting position and take a sponge bath.
2. Does bathing help alleviate the cold?
Some ways of bathing can help relieve cold symptoms, making the body feel better. It's a detoxifying bath method. This is a natural way to help remove toxins from the body. Ingredients such as Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate), ginger and essential oils are dissolved with warm water in the bath. You can soak your body for 12 minutes to 1 hour in each bath. This bath measure helps to soothe the body and relieve muscle pain, but the effect is different for each person.
3. How to bathe to relieve cold symptoms?
Colds can cause muscle pain and body aches. Detoxifying baths have the effect of reducing these symptoms. Adding essential oils such as lavender and chamomile to the bath will create a more relaxing and comfortable feeling. A small study of 19 participants found that adding Espom salt to the bath would help increase the magnesium content in the blood. This can help eliminate lactic acid that helps reduce body aches and has a relaxing effect on the muscles.
Some other studies show that certain essential oils have antibacterial and antiviral properties. Eucalyptus, for example, can be used to treat the virus that causes upper respiratory tract disease and reduces nasal congestion.
4. Can bathing reduce fever?
Bathing with warm water is still considered the oldest method of fever-lowering. It is recommended to bathe in warm temperatures from 27 degrees Celsius to 32 degrees Celsius. And it is not recommended to bathe if you feel dizzy or unstable. If you feel a cold tremor, it is recommended to increase the temperature of the bath. Tremors are reactions that show that your body is trying to raise the temperature, which can make the fever worse.
5. Is a detoxifying bath safe?
Pregnant women, children, people with kidney failure should not take a detoxifying bath. The body cannot remove excess magnesium if the kidneys are weakened. To ensure safety, you should drink plenty of water before, during and after bathing. In addition, you should get out of the bath immediately if you feel trembling, dizzy, eyes like you are about to faint.
6. How to bathe to relieve cold symptoms
There are different recipes for detoxifying baths, depending on the symptoms that you want to mitigate. It is recommended to bathe once a week. Monitor for signs of dry skin, dehydration when bathing. You should start with a bath time of 12 to 20 minutes to see the body reaction. If you feel relaxed, do not have any negative symptoms, you can increase the bath time and shower frequency 3 times / week.
- Espom salt bath: Relieves muscle aches and relaxes the body.
- Fill the bath with warm water.
- Put a tablespoon of coconut oil and up to 5 drops of lavender essential oil (optional).
- Put 2 cups of espom salt. Use your hands and feet to move in water to dissolve salt.
- Soak the body for a period of 12 minutes – 1 hour.
- Ginger bath: Increases sweating, helps eliminate toxins and relieve muscle pain.
- Mix 1/3 cup of Epsom salt, 1/3 cup of sea salt and 3 tablespoons of ground ginger. You can also add 1/3 cup of baking soda (optional). Pour the mixture into a tub of warm water.
- When the water has filled the bath, add 1 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Bathe for up to 45 minutes and drink water during bathing. Get out of the bath if you start shaking.
- Dry immediately after leaving the bath.
Bathing in this way can cause a lot of dehydration. It is important to drink water before, during and after bathing to replenish the amount of water during bathing.
- Sea salt and bath eucalyptus: Helps reduce inflammation and muscle pain
- Add 1 cup of sea salt, 1 cup of Epsom salt and 10 drops of manitus oil to warm water. You can also add up to 2 cups of baking soda (optional). Mix well by moving the western table and paws in the water.
- Soak for 12 minutes – 1 hour.
Flu vaccines are currently only effective to help prevent the flu and not be effective with colds. Therefore, the best way to avoid catching a cold is to regularly wash your hands with warm water and soap, do not share personal items with someone who has a cold, give up the habit of touching your eyes or nose and finally keep a reasonable weight, a healthy body to be ready against the virus that causes the disease.
In case you want to get vaccinated against influenza, Share99 International Health Hub now offers influenza vaccination services including Vaxigrip and Influvac.
Vaxigrip (0.25ml and 0.5ml) is manufactured by Sanofi Pasteur (France). This is a pharmaceutical corporation that has more than 100 years of operation in the field of vaccination to protect human health. In Vietnam, Sanofi's Vaxigrip vaccine was licensed for circulation by the Drug Administration – Ministry of Health on October 30, 2018.
Influvac (0.25ml and 0.5ml) is manufactured by Abbott, Netherlands.
Vaccination services at Share99 Health Hub provide customers with the following benefits:
- Customers who come to use the vaccination service will be examined by specialists, fully screened for health and physical issues, advice on vaccines and vaccination regimens, how to monitor and care for customers after vaccination before prescribing vaccinations according to the latest recommendations of the Ministry of Health and the World Health Organization to ensure good performance. and safest for vaccinated people.
- A team of experienced, professional doctors, applying effective pain relief to customers during vaccination.
- 100% of vaccination customers are monitored 30 minutes after vaccination and re-evaluated before leaving.
- Be monitored before, during and after vaccination at Share99 Health System and always have emergency ekip ready to coordinate with the vaccination department to handle cases of anaphylalactic shock, respiratory failure – stop cyclic, ensure timely treatment, the right regimen when something happens.
- Vaccines are imported and stored in modern cold storage systems, with COLD chains meeting GSP standards, keeping the vaccine in the best condition to ensure quality.
With high quality medical standards, customers can rest assured when choosing to visit Share99.
- Get rid of the disease now with 9 simple cold treatment tips
- Colds and flu are completely different
- Having a cold, what to do?