Chicken is a very nutritious food and very tasty suitable for health, however in most cases open wounds are advised to abstain from eating chicken, because chicken can affect the healing process.
1. What is an open wound?
Open wounds are injuries we can see such as torn skin, cuts on the skin, punctures … The signs of open wounds are bleeding depending on the severity of the wound, redness, swelling around the wound and the person who is sick with an open wound will feel pain and discomfort on the surface of the skin.
With small open wounds, the injured can take care of themselves at home, and these wounds to healthy people are not a big problem. However, with some types of large wounds, deep, wide, bleeding wounds, it is recommended to go to the hospital for proper treatment, avoiding heavy blood loss and can lead to the risk of infection.
2. Can open wounds eat chicken?
Whether open wounds can eat chicken is something that many people wonder, because only hearing about abstaining from chickens but why not everyone is clear. Although chicken is a very nutritious food, when there are open wounds, it is advising to abstain from eating chicken especially in the beginning stage of young skin.
Often when starting on young skin there is already an unpleasant itching sensation, if we add chicken again makes this itching more serious and we scratch, the wound will heal longer than usual, thereby easily forming keloid scars.
Therefore, it is not recommended to eat chicken for the time when the open wound recovers. Because this makes the wound heal long and causes troubles for the person.
3. How should open wounds eat?
In addition to caring for wounds to avoid infection by changing bandages, washing wounds properly, the right diet is very important.
Often, when we have small open wounds, it does not affect us much, so we often do not care about dietary changes, but the choice of food and nutritional status has a great influence on the ability to heal wounds especially large open wounds. Because the heavier the lesions on the skin, the more energy, vitamins, minerals and proteins needed to promote the wound process. Therefore, when the most open wounds are large wounds, we need to pay special attention to the diet to best suit.
Some foods to eat when there are open wounds:
- Enhance the addition of protein-rich foods such as meat, fish, eggs, milk … legumes contain a lot of protein. This is an important material in relation to the process of wounding.
- Vitamins and minerals: Foods rich in iron, folic acid, vitamin B12 as in eggs, milk, dark greens. Strengthening foods containing vitamins A,E and C helps to create new tissue and heal wounds quickly, in particular, vitamin C plays an important role in the healing of wounds, helping to increase the body's resistance to infections and festering. Vegetables of dark green color and fresh fruits such as papaya, dragon fruit, guava, mandarin, orange, grapefruit. Foods rich in zinc to increase the body's resistance.
Some foods should abstain:
- Foods that contain high levels of carbohydrates: Especially in diabetics, the better control is required, since these foods make the wound heal longer. People with higher blood glucose levels should consult with special open wounds in the genus.
- Spinach : It isnot recommended to eat because it can form keloids.
- Chicken and glutinous food: It is not recommended to eat during the formation of young skin because it causes itching of the skin and leaves bad scars.
- Beef: Beef contains a high protein content, which is beneficial for the recovery process, but beef is not recommended for open wounds because it increases the risk of permanent deep scars, which is difficult to improve with common interventions.
- Dog meat: Is a protein-rich food, so in too healing scars need to be limited can cause keloid scars.
- Seafood: Seafood is a nutritious food for the body that contains many healthy nutrients. However, for patients with open wounds, seafood can cause allergies that lead to itching, discomfort.
Foods that should be abstained for a period of time until the wound fully recovers, can be evaluated with the eye to know the condition of recovery of open wounds.
Thus, we should abstain from eating chicken while the open wound has not healed completely to limit the itching of the day and make the wound heal longer. Avoid open wounds when scars are convex … In addition, it is necessary to pay attention to take good care of the wound to avoid infections affecting health.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- Wound stitches: How long does it take to self-ded consume?
- How to quickly wound?
- How did the wound work?