The article was consulted professionally by Master, Dr. Tran Hong Nhat – Interventional Cardiologist – Cardiologist – Share99 Central Park International Health Hub.
Atrial fibrillation is a congenital heart defect, accounting for 15-20% of the total recorded congenital heart disease. The disease affects the health and comprehensive development of the child. However, if detected early, treated properly, the child will be able to develop normally.
1. What is a connection?
Atrial septum is an abnormal perforation in the septum between the two atriums. This perforation causes blood in the two atriums to mix and disturb the flow of blood in the heart, the consequences of which increase blood flow to the lungs,causing pulmonary hypertension, heart failure…
2. Pathology manifestations
Most often symptoms appear late, often because of shortness of breath during exertion, or due to repeated manifestations of bronchopneumonia. In rare cases with large vents, the child will show signs about 6 to 12 months early.
Common manifestations of late-stage illness such as: arrhythmias (atrialfibrillation or atrial fibrillation), severe pulmonary artery hypertension, and hemolytic heart failure.
3. Atrial fissy-related cures
Current treatments: Internal Medicine, Surgery and Interventional Cardiac
3.1. Medical treatment
Patients with unaffected atrial fir should be monitored periodically.
Medical treatment for complications of pulmonary hypertension, arrhythmias,heart failure … help stabilize the disease before surgery or as a support method for patients who are over-prescribed for intervention or surgery.
3.2. Medical treatment
This is an open surgery method for patching the atrial fibrillation under the help of an artificial cardi lung machine.
Surgery is in place in patients with large vents, which affect hemolysis (dilated right vents, increased pulmonary artery pressure …).
3.3. Sealing the atrial opening with a skin tool
Is the minimally invasive treatment. The vent closure tool is inserted through the cathethees into the heart to patch the vent.
- Large flow of information causes hemolymolysis
- The second-hole type atrial fibrillation and the size of the vent are not too large (≤ 34mm, measured on the heart ultrasound).
- There are ridges around the vent wide enough (atrium valve ledge, right pulmonary vein ledge, aorticridge, upper and lower vein ridge): ≥ 5 mm.
- Cases of atrial fissure, intravenous sinuses
- Atrial fibrillation associated with other congenital heart abnormalities that require full repair surgery
- Patients with severe blood clot disorders
- Patients with serious medical and surgical diseases who have not been able to cardiac intervention
- Increased fixed pulmonary artery pressure.
3.3.3. Advantages of the method of sealing the atrial opening with a skin-through tool
- The method is safe and does not require a lot of technical means, can be deployed regularly in facilities with cardiac rooms.
- The method is more aesthetic than open surgery with a classic longitudinal incision between the sternum
- Reduces trauma, less pain, less bleeding
- The patient is completely awake during the implementation, and the process of recovery of health , hospitalization is significantly reduced
- The incidence of incision infections is minimized.
4. Some special attention
4.1. Age issues
Atrial fibrillation is usually less likely to cause premature effects, and especially with small perforation holes that can close itself, so early intervention is not required if the child does not have hemolytic disorders: cardiac spasm, heart failure, pulmonary hypertension …. Ideally, it is advisable to intervene when the child is old enough, at 4-5 years of age and should not be left too late, since it will more or less affect the structures, heart function.
In adults, if the disease is detected, it is still recommended to close the atrial opening when the pressure and resistance of pulmonary tingation is not too high.
4.2. Incision line
Close the atrial fissive through the skin, with minimally invasive method, the patient has almost no scars after the intervention
Open heart surgery with less invasive mommage technique: small line, located underneath the right breast line, ensuring aesthetics for patients, especially female patients
Currently, all Share99 International Health Hub nationwide can close the atrial opening by cross-skin intervention method with a rigorous, rigorous procedure, ensuring safety, accuracy and bringing high treatment efficiency.
Share99 with advanced equipment and a team of experienced, well-trained doctors, professional and dedicated patient care services will help patients have the most secure experience when open heart surgery is less invasive here.
For direct advice, please click hotline number or register online HERE. In addition, you can register for remote consultation HERE
- Is mitral open heart valve disease dangerous?
- Share99 and The Asian Anesthetics Council organized the first International Conference on Regional Anesthesia in Vietnam
- Insymia resuscitation on patients with cardiovascular disease?